general motors strike

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king said:
Caustic Burno said:
All that is GB is an opinion like a butthole they all stink.
Fact before the oil workers organized there was no sick leave, no vacation, retirement etc. Next weekend thank a union man it was bought by them.

Wish I got paid vacations, weekends, and sick leave, along with health care, retirement. Do you think the cows and crops will listen if I go on strike, and demand better entitlements?

Perhaps you should try to get a job where those things are offered if that is what you want and give up the cows and crops.

You wouldn't have to worry about all farmers retiring or changing jobs, because that just won't happen, but you could satisfy yourself by changing jobs and getting the great benefits.

jltrent said:
The company had over 8 Billion in profits last year..After this they will probably take all their manufacturing to other countries and have a lot more profits.

GM makes 3.5 million cars in North America. They make over 4 million in China.

herofan said:
sim.-ang.king said:
Caustic Burno said:
All that is GB is an opinion like a butthole they all stink.
Fact before the oil workers organized there was no sick leave, no vacation, retirement etc. Next weekend thank a union man it was bought by them.

Wish I got paid vacations, weekends, and sick leave, along with health care, retirement. Do you think the cows and crops will listen if I go on strike, and demand better entitlements?

Perhaps you should try to get a job where those things are offered if that is what you want and give up the cows and crops.

You wouldn't have to worry about all farmers retiring or changing jobs, because that just won't happen, but you could satisfy yourself by changing jobs and getting the great benefits.

That's exactly right
And the same goes for the union crybabies who think they have it Bad. If you don't like it go somewhere else. If you wanna make the rules become a employer instead of a employee. It's pretty simple really

callmefence said:
HDRider said:
jltrent said:
The company had over 8 Billion in profits last year..After this they will probably take all their manufacturing to other countries and have a lot more profits.

GM makes 3.5 million cars in North America. They make over 4 million in China.

Why you reckon that is. ??

China is a big market. It is the biggest market Cadillac and Buick have.

callmefence said:
herofan said:
sim.-ang.king said:

That's exactly right
And the same goes for the union crybabies who think they have it Bad. If you don't like it go somewhere else. If you wanna make the rules become a employer instead of a employee. It's pretty simple really

Working for themselves would require to much risk, and they couldn't go on strike when they want another vacation.

callmefence said:
herofan said:
sim.-ang.king said:

That's exactly right

That's true enough I reckon. I've just heard enough people in my life complain about other people's job. People will look at other jobs and say the familiar statement, "it must be nice to......". If it is so nice, I wonder why they didn't choose that career. It seems like the toughest job out there is always the job "I" have, and everybody else's job is just candy. Everybody else is getting payed way too much already. It's like someone else said, most wouldn't last long having to work for the man.

I suppose it could all apply to the workers on strike too, but maybe they are just utilizing what they knew existed in that job when they got it. I'm sure they knew it was union and strikes were possible when they accepted the job. I'm sure people who raise cattle knew that was not an option when they took that job.

Caustic Burno said:
callmefence said:
Caustic Burno said:
Most couldn't last one day in the trades jobs where you work for the man.
They would be in HR for their picking on me or fired for insubordination.
Yep
I'd put a snake in your lunch box on the first day.

That's minor league stuff.

That's what it takes to keep you from deleting it

Caustic Burno said:
You would have to get through the apprenticeship first, that would really be hard for a narcissist.

Now that's rich. You call me a narcissist. Lol.

I least I'm not so stupid as to lock my self in for three months. Just admit cb....the truth will set you free.. :cboy:

I've worked for a company that had a Union and now work for one that doesn't but is scared to death one might come in. The main difference I see is that with the Union there was a rule book to keep things in check and without a Union it's kind of willy nilly on the rules. One guy gets away with something another gets called on the carpet for, pretty much things are up to management and fairness is gone. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter as long as the checks cash. Once you realize that as long as you work for someone else all you're ever gonna have is what they want you to have things get a little clearer.

Latest posts