Gene Watson

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Saturday night we went to see Gene Watson. Had to admit that I didn't know what to expect. When this portly, bearded, balding gray haired dude walked onto the state, I thought "who are you"? But when the music started, Gene Watson sound came out of his mouth. He's 66 years old, but, truly, he sounded great. He sang this song last and dug deep for the last "you'll be glad when I'm gone" but he hit it perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IokiYblt ... re=related

I have always like Gene Watson's Music. Hearing good music like that takes me back to working in the shop with Dad.

He's still recording pretty steadily, I guess. He was pitching a new CD; I went to the CDUniverse site and they have it there. When I get my IPod, I'll check it out. :) He's going to be down by Wichita Falls next month and said he was in GA during the recent floods. So I guess he stays busy. I was, really, just blown away at how his voice had held up all these years. Listening to some of his older stuff online, it may be even better now. He was 21 when he first appeared on the Grand Ole Opry and he's 66 now. 45 years. That's a lot of miles and beer joints. ;-)

Latest posts