Gene Stallings

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Gene Stallings was the key note speaker at a conference on Tuesday. What a treat that was and what a treat it was to spend some time with him. The man can say a lot with very few words. He is surprisingly humble - especailly for someone who has achieved as much as he has.

For me it was a once in a life time experience.

Boogie, he's one heck of a nice guy. Contributed a lot to many. I believe I heard where his special needs son had passed away not too long ago as well. Did a great job at Aggieland and brought class to the program everywhere he coached. Very humble and down to earth.

TexasBred":1nvldy52 said:
Boogie, he's one heck of a nice guy. Contributed a lot to many. I believe I heard where his special needs son had passed away not too long ago as well. Did a great job at Aggieland and brought class to the program everywhere he coached. Very humble and down to earth.

Yes, John Mark finally died. He had heart and other health problems related to his Down Syndrome for many years. The man is extremely classy, though as an Auburn fan, I am glad that Gene Stallings left Alabama. They won the west division of the SEC 4 times (once including a National Title) in seven years with Gene Stallings. Alabama has only won the west twice in the last 13 years since Stallings (technically Coach Francione won it on the field his last year but they were banned from postseason play that year).

Latest posts