GelbviehXangus heifers good or bad? Hmmm

Help Support CattleToday:

Well I'm picking up my heifer on Thursday! I will post some pics. Hey Hoss and whoever else has advice, another question...say next year I bought some purebred gelbvieh heifers bred them to a registered angus bull then ended up eventually after a few years ended up with a mix of balancer and purebred gelbvieh bulls and heifers, what would I do with them? just market them through the sale ring or just grow my herd? I wouldn't consider myself a breeder cause I don't have enough experience to be qualified, but I feel like if I had quality heifers and bulls they would have more value as breeding animals rather than commercial stock to be sold for meat etc. I don't know maybe my thinking is off, but im still learning! ha let me know your thoughts thanks.

ZMT":4iodbup2 said:
Well I'm picking up my heifer on Thursday! I will post some pics. Hey Hoss and whoever else has advice, another question...say next year I bought some purebred gelbvieh heifers bred them to a registered angus bull then ended up eventually after a few years ended up with a mix of balancer and purebred gelbvieh bulls and heifers, what would I do with them? just market them through the sale ring or just grow my herd? I wouldn't consider myself a breeder cause I don't have enough experience to be qualified, but I feel like if I had quality heifers and bulls they would have more value as breeding animals rather than commercial stock to be sold for meat etc. I don't know maybe my thinking is off, but im still learning! ha let me know your thoughts thanks.
Cull hard....keep the best.....A.I. those to high quality Gelbvieh, Balancer or Angus bulls. Repeat the process. You will be able to just about name your price with the resulting heifers. I would sell them private treaty or at a replacement sale.

ZMT":1w0cfr1t said:
well uploading photo's is a pain in a $$ so click the link and tell me what you think!! shes 75% angus 25% gelbvieh, I would of liked more gelbvieh in her but she looked to good to pass up.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

ZMT":11hv6gfv said:
well uploading photo's is a pain in a $$ so click the link and tell me what you think!! shes 75% angus 25% gelbvieh, I would of liked more gelbvieh in her but she looked to good to pass up.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Highlight the picture. Look to the right. You have 3 options. choose the middle option. Click on it. It should turn yellow.

Come back here and open a reply then hit CNTRL V it should pop up. If not hit the image button and try the same thing

3waycross, I must not be computer savvy, Ha I cant seem to get it to work!! But I have a new link and I am 99% sure it will work. If not I will keep working on it! fingers crossed haha.

C:\Users\Zach #24\Pictures\1379274_614084201982633_598317680_n.jpg

1375094_616409998416720_964241362_n.jpg

Sorry to everyone for inconveniences....but that's the pic.... Thanks to regolith. I apologize again. But if anyone cares to give your thoughts on her it's more than welcome. Thanks again.