Gelbviehs, Balancers & starting new herd

Help Support CattleToday:

100_0049_edited.jpg

okay I can do one. How do you do multiple pics[/list]

Trying again
100_0038_edited.jpg

Please critique this guy. Your opinions are valuable, as they represent the general cattleman population.

hcrancher,

Didn't mean to hijack your thread with my pics. It got late and I was on a roll. I got it fingered out and that is good. Probably will forget by morning.

This Bull is by Extra Exposure who is the sire of some of the stuff at the Judd Sale. Again if I can help in any way let me know.

Jim M

JM - I'm not going to pick your bull apart like I know everything. I don't. But I'd like to see him a little less sunken in and carrying more condition after seeing how much grass he has access to.

To prove I don't live in a glass house, below is a picture of our bull. He's not quite 2 1/2 in the pic, taken a month or so ago. Been on drought stressed pasture, or lack thereof, with 30 some cows since Feb. I know his nuts look small but they taped 37 at yearling, deal with it. He's not the greatest in the world, and I'm sure some folks will say he's pure junk. That's okay, they don't have to buy him, he's fine where he's at.

Img_1190.jpg

cfpinz

JMichal":axn15dne said:
Trying again
100_0038_edited.jpg

Please critique this guy. Your opinions are valuable, as they represent the general cattleman population.
JM-
Your bull is lacking in substance throughout, and those horn flies are dragging him down more than you realize.

bufordall":316r16yc said:
CF, what is the breeding of your bull. He is definitly thick.

His pappy is Mooreland M211, MGS is Bennett Landmark I believe. Not 100% sure of the last one.

cfpinz

JM - Thanks for posting the pics. I wanted to see what Extra Exposure could produce. I always enjoy seeing cattle pics. :D

cfpinz - Glad you posted yours also!

hcrancher, going with angus or gelbveigh as the foundation is a great way to go. I use both and AI them to calve whatever I am needing. Right now the balancer breed is picking up steam here in S.C. There is a big interest in balancer bulls. You also won't go wrong with the sight unseen method with Judd Ranch. I have some heifers that I will AI in Feb. that are calves of Judd Ranch females and I can't wait to see what type of calves they will have. The hard part is narrowing down the angus bull to use.

Latest posts