Gelbvieh

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Gelbviehs? What I've read about them seems good but I believe experience over the internet. Do you think they would cross well with Simmental?

[email protected]

If you are looking for yeild grade and not quality grade cattle, it would work ok. There isn't (in my opinion) all that much difference between them. The both have the same strong points, yield grade, maternal, etc.

dun

> I was wondering if anyone has had
> any experience with Gelbviehs?
> What I've read about them seems
> good but I believe experience over
> the internet. Do you think they
> would cross well with Simmental?

if you already have the Simmental cows, and are not registered, you have better options to cross them due to that Simmentals and Gelbvieh have almost the same traits; why not a cross with Limousin or Charolais (yield grade) and if you are looking for more quality grade go with Angus or Red Angus

> I was wondering if anyone has had
> any experience with Gelbviehs?
> What I've read about them seems
> good but I believe experience over
> the internet. Do you think they
> would cross well with Simmental?

[email protected]

We raise both Gelbvieh and Simmental cattle. I would not breed between the two because of their frame sizes. The American Gelbvieh Association has been promoting a program breeding with Angus cattle. Also, there is a balancer program available for cross bred bulls. Look up their web-site. You will find it helpful.

The Gelbvieh cattle are awesome and their yield has been outstanding for us.

Good Luck

[email protected]

Latest posts