Gelbvieh People Suggestions Please

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman

Reaction score
Give me the name of a Gelbvieh bull (red or black) that has a reputation of producing outstanding females. My current bull is a son of Ideal (so a bull other than Ideal) and his daughters are great so far.

Independence has great daughters, I used a lot of JRI fully exposed this year who has a great rep . My Kalina Moderator daughters are outstanding as well a the bull calf of have out of him this year.

Look into McCoy signature as well he is supposed to be a really good up and comer.

DSCF0028_edited.jpg

DSCF0025_edited.jpg

Here's a picture of an Independence heifer. I agree with Hillsdown he throws some real nice heifers.

Very very good looking heifer 3wc.. I am so po'd still that he didn't pass for export to Canada..I really wanted to use him last year and this year.

To me most gv bulls produce good females. I really liked the free agent daughters that I have. They are moderate framed and very thick with tons of milk. I also have some exclusive daughters that I like but he needs to be bred to smaller framed cattle or offspring will get too big. Carolina fortune has also done a good job for me as well as top brass. I used the new ABS bull pure power this spring so I will tell you more when I know more on him. Any body used DAR National? How about the Astro bull?

cleland":1y0xhrhe said:
To me most gv bulls produce good females. I really liked the free agent daughters that I have. They are moderate framed and very thick with tons of milk. I also have some exclusive daughters that I like but he needs to be bred to smaller framed cattle or offspring will get too big. Carolina fortune has also done a good job for me as well as top brass. I used the new ABS bull pure power this spring so I will tell you more when I know more on him. Any body used DAR National? How about the Astro bull?

I really want to breed to the DAR National bull but it will have to be next year. His only downside is CED and BW EPD". However most of my cows have real good numbers in those areas so it should work for me.

If you have some Gert X Gelbvieh calves, please post some pictures. I knew a man down in Brenham, TX that used that cross along with Gert X Hereford to make his own composites. They were essentially 1/2 gert, 1/4 Gelbvieh and 1/4 Hereford. Good cattle for south central Texas.

Latest posts