Gelbvieh Crosses

Help Support CattleToday:

Jtylerb82

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of a Gelbvieh x Santa Gertrudis? Thinking about trying this cross just looking for input and the pros and cons you like about the cross.

I got that too just now. Look on this board. Breeds Board. Go back to the first post, page 725 I think, and move fprward form there. I think the post was in 2009. The title of it was Gelbvieh x Santa Gertrudis

Does anyone have any pics of a Gelbvieh x Santa Gertrudis? Thinking about trying this cross just looking for input and the pros and cons you like about the cross.
The size and build of our Gelbvieh cattle is very similar to Angus except for a slight continental crown on their skull and slightly longer legs. I would think your proposed cross is very similar to the Santa Cruz cattle (50% Santa Gertrudis / 25% Red Angus / 25% Gelbvieh) raised on the King Ranch, here in Texas.

I like the look of her. Depth, fleshy and not a lot of ear. Where'd the color come from? Polled black bull? All the Santa's I've seen around here are red.

Neighbor bought one and a Limi for brimmer crossbred cows.
Beautiful calves, absolutely the worst cross I have ever dealt with for being nuts.
He never retained a single heifer out of those bulls.
When crossing with Brahman not everything works IMO.
The English breeds along with Char and Simm seem to be the best continental breeds.
I actually see more dairy cross than continental around here.

Latest posts