Gelbvieh cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Gelbvieh make very good cows. They are very docile in temperment, and rank among the top of all beef cattle for milk production. I have Gelbvieh cows that wean calves over 900 pounds. In addition to this, they are extremely fertile and will usually reach puberty at an early age.

[email protected]

> Gelbvieh make very good cows. They
> are very docile in temperment, and
> rank among the top of all beef
> cattle for milk production. I have
> Gelbvieh cows that wean calves
> over 900 pounds. In addition to
> this, they are extremely fertile
> and will usually reach puberty at
> an early age.

thanks for the info, & where are you located and do you ever sell any hefiers?

[email protected]

Travis I would be glad to get you some information if I knew what state you are from. Gelbvieh is the right choice.

> Travis I would be glad to get you
> some information if I knew what
> state you are from. Gelbvieh is
> the right choice. Thanks I am from Tennessee

[email protected]

I have 40 GelbviehX Angus cross females and 1 Salers show heifer who is a grand champion female. I have pics of her if anyone would like to see her. At the present time I am using a salers bull on the Gelbvieh X Angus cross balancers. We are seeing weaning weights of 650-750 pounds off bermuda grass and cotton seed and soybean meal. They are really coming on. They are getting their growth from the Salers bull. Our average birth weights are about 65 pounds. The Gelbvieh by angus cross females are very docile as is the salers female and bull we have. All the females in our program have an abundant supply of milk and good beef conformation. The salers female I have weighed in at 1100 at 1 year of age. At the present time she is at 1450 she will be 2 in january and calve in january as well. The gelbvieh also seem to make the females mature quicker and breed back quicker as well. All in all I am very satisified and in fact swear by the balancers and salers. This three way cross seems to work very well. They work well in really hot weather which it gets hoooooooooot here in summer and work well in cold weather. It gets really coooooooooold here in winter. I can tell you this. This summer has been very hard to control flies. I went out 2 weeks ago and the cows had flies all over them. I want you to know that there was not a runny eye in the whole lot. That says alot about the toughness of these cattle. Again I swear by them and would not use anything else. I do plan however on eventually using these balancer females as donor cows and use the eggs and sperm from a salers bull to make me a registered salers herd.

Angus dont produce near as much milk as gelbvieh females. That is one of the main reasons that people cross the gelbvieh with angus.

Latest posts