GELBVIEH BULL UPDATE

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Unfortunatley the Gelbvieh bull I bought did not pass a BSE. I called the breeder back and he stood behind the bull and offered me my money back or another more expensive bull to offset my hauling and test expenses. I went back out this morning and after several hours I selected a nice balancer bull with decent EPD's. Reg# AMGV1021276. The Gelbvieh website is being updated so he won't show up till Friday. Anyway I applaud the breeder for being a very stand-up guy and the bull I bought is very nice. He is getting a BSE at 1:30 today so I'll know if he passes shortly. The balancer bull is direct out of B/R Destination and has Bon View Bando 598 in his blood line. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress and will post pics soon.

UPDATE: Balancer bull passed BSE with flying colors. Listed as excellent. Now I can breathe easier :banana:

Gald your new bull is sound I hope that you get some nice calves from him.
Just a question though is it not the practice in your area for the breeder to do the soundness test before they offer them for sale?

Around here you can't even expect to sell anything without out the results right from the vet to the potential customer.

hillsdown":20h14qv3 said:
Gald your new bull is sound I hope that you get some nice calves from him.
Just a question though is it not the practice in your area for the breeder to do the soundness test before they offer them for sale?

Around here you can't even expect to sell anything without out the results right from the vet to the potential customer.

That is normal practice around here too. These particular bulls were slated to go into a private sale in March. All of them will have BSE's prior to the sale catalog being released. I wanted to buy one private treaty so I agreed to do the BSE as long as the breeder would gaurantee the bull.

double v":1hmnku5n said:
BSE(mad cow)? If so what the status of his heard?

BSE = Breeding Soundness Exam

I guess I should have cleared this up earlier. I forget that the acronym is the same :oops:

TNMasterBeefProducer":apkqks9a said:
Hoss,

Sorry the Gelbvieh bull did not work out for ya. The Balancer bull should work good for ya hopefully. Is he homo black like the Gelbvieh was? Post pictures soon.

Yes he is homo black.

i wasn't sure so i figured i ask, i saw the conversation was pretty lacts. good luck with this one i really liked the other bulls numbers, haven't looked at this ones numbers.

Latest posts