Gelbvieh Bull and 3 of his offspring

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Here's some more of my friends Gelbvieh's. His black herdsire and 3 of his sons. These are Oct and Nov Calves.
The herdsire
DSCF1337_edited.jpg

DSCF1316.jpg

DSCF1321_edited.jpg

DSCF1324_edited.jpg

DSCF1334_edited.jpg

I was going to be critical of the bulls depth (because as you know it's a deal breaker for me) but then I saw the calves. 2 is a fantastic little calf, closely followed by 1. Now I don't want to ignite another argument but see how these guys look like bulls? But again I'm talking from an Australian stud perspective, that's how my eye is trained so that's how I see. But 3way I'd be keeping a close eye on those calves. You can already see the potential in 2 easily. 1 will get there. What are you going to do with them?

aussie_cowgirl":2die2kyr said:
I was going to be critical of the bulls depth (because as you know it's a deal breaker for me) but then I saw the calves. 2 is a fantastic little calf, closely followed by 1. Now I don't want to ignite another argument but see how these guys look like bulls? But again I'm talking from an Australian stud perspective, that's how my eye is trained so that's how I see. But 3way I'd be keeping a close eye on those calves. You can already see the potential in 2 easily. 1 will get there. What are you going to do with them?

I agree with you that they look MORE BULLY than the balancer calf I posted. However I will point out again you are comparing apples to oranges. the calf I posted was 5 months old when I posted the first pictures. These calves are 10 months old, and yes they are very nice calves. Including #3 he just looks a little different here because of the way he is standing.

Like I said they belong to my friend and he is sending them to test for a seedstock sale. For the record I usually consider this bull more of a cow maker, but I really like these bull calves.

3waycross":362wiu0a said:
aussie_cowgirl":362wiu0a said:

I agree with you that they look MORE BULLY than the balancer calf I posted. However I will point out again you are comparing apples to oranges. the calf I posted was 5 months old when I posted the first pictures. These calves are 10 months old, and yes they are very nice calves. Including #3 he just looks a little different here because of the way he is standing.

Like I said they belong to my friend and he is sending them to test for a seedstock sale. For the record I usually consider this bull more of a cow maker, but I really like these bull calves.

Mmm fair enough. If you can get some nice bulls out of a cow maker then you know what they're going to do.

Latest posts