Gehl Feed Grinder

Help Support CattleToday:

Jim Hull

Reaction score
I am looking at a used Gehl Model 95 feed grinder. Does anyone out there know anything about them? Are they good machines? Can you get parts for them? It seems to be in pretty good shape - always shedded. Any comments would be helpful.

I don't have a Gehl but my friend does and he likes his , it seems like a good machine , I think you can get parts because Gehl still makes new grinders.

shorty":13gmwijl said:
I don't have a Gehl but my friend does and he likes his , it seems like a good machine , I think you can get parts because Gehl still makes new grinders.

They do ? I thought they quit making Ag stuff

frenchie":vskc9jfv said:
shorty":vskc9jfv said:

They do ? I thought they quit making Ag stuff

I also heard the same thing.

New grinder mixers are almost unknown. Well used ones are usually U$S 300 to 500 each, but getting parts can be an issue. I have an OMC 95 so I have some first hand experience on this... I wouldn't hesitate on a Gehl is the price was right. How much are they asking?

I purchased it for $900. It is in pretty good shape. The bottom auger has a hole rusted in it about 3" in diameter, but I think I can rivet a piece of tin over the hole with blue silicone around it and make a decent repair. Other than that, it has some surface rust from sitting in the barn for 5 years. Everything seems to be in good working order.

Sounds like a good buy. There seems to be a couple groups of grinder mixers out there:

Junk for $250 to $500. If you really shop you may get a good one in this price range.
Most good used ones for about $1,000. I think yours is in this group.
Newer ones with scales for $3,000 to $7,000. Dairy guys without TMRs usually bid these up.