Gee, Thanks Montana...

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Thanks ILH and OT ,this is what is headed our way now... :cowboy:
Just when the snow was just about gone and the mud was finally drying up..We need the moisture just not all at once. And I am sure the power will go off again as it always does when a wet storm rolls through this time of year..It is spring right.. :roll:

WINTER STORM WARNING: Red Deer - Ponoka - Innisfail - StettlerIssued at 3:35 PM MDT SATURDAY 21 MARCH 2009
HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW EXPECTED TONIGHT AND EARLY SUNDAY. THIS IS A WARNING THAT DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS...LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

AN INTENSE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS DEVELOPING IN SOUTHERN ALBERTA AND MONTANA. THIS SYSTEM WILL AT FIRST PRODUCE SHOWERS OVER SOUTHERN ALBERTA THIS EVENING. AS THE SYSTEM INTENSIFIES INCREASING NORTHEASTERLY WINDS WILL DEVELOP AND BRING IN COLDER AIR. PRECIPITATION WILL THEN TURN TO SNOW BEFORE MIDNIGHT AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES DURING THE OVERNIGHT PERIOD. TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 10 TO 20 CENTIMETRES CAN BE EXPECTED IN SOME LOCALITIES BY SUNDAY MORNING. IN ADDITION STRONG NORTHEASTERLY WINDS WILL DEVELOP PRODUCING BLOWING SNOW AND REDUCED VISIBILITIES. OVER THE BROOKS AND CORONATION REGIONS UNCERTAINTY EXISTS ON WHEN SHOWERS WILL CHANGE TO SNOW THIS EVENING. THE CURRENT PREDICTION MODEL SUGGESTS THAT HEAVIEST SNOW WILL LIKELY FALL OVER THE WESTERN SECTION OF BROOKS AND THE NORTHWESTERN SECTION OF CORONATION. THIS WINTER STORM CAN PRODUCE POOR TRAVELLING CONDITIONS. PERSONS IN OR NEAR THESE AREAS SHOULD BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS AND LISTEN FOR UPDATED WARNINGS.

And we are thanking Colorado for our low that will extend to Flin Flon. Rain, snow, Rain, snow and again somemore. Suppose to move in Sunday PM sometime.

Don't know about anyone else, but it seems for us, low moves in, calves come out fast and furious. We are telling them to suck it up.

Good luck Hillsdown, see you on the other side of it

Thanks RR, I am 89% done calving now and just waiting for the last stragglers. Bluebell is ready to go so I am sure she will decide to go into labor around midnight tonight... :roll:

Good luck with your weather and new babies as well. :wave:

If this is the system the is supposed to bring us rain next week............... open the gates, cut the fences and let her thru. :nod:

You're welcome HD. :D ;-)
Had a thunderstorm just to the southwest of us this evening. :shock:
Suppose to rain and possible snow here and thank Alaska they are sending to us first. :D

1982vett":3cppwecz said:
If this is the system the is supposed to bring us rain next week............... open the gates, cut the fences and let her thru. :nod:

Oh heck yeah!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Alice

Well my Texan friends when it shows up here in an hour or so I will just tell it "Thanks but no thanks Texas needs it more than us right now".. :tiphat:

Started raining last night at 9:30pm. Was pouring down at 11pm. Cleared off around 1am. Was raining early this morning and now we have sleet. It is snowing south of us.

Well the storm arrived at 2 am and yes Blue Bell decided that she should calve at 11:30 pm. Got him dryed off and fed and left him with mom on the straw pack and went back in at 1:00 am ;but that storm was getting bad and the wind was starting to howl so I went back out at 3:30 am and got him up and moved him in one of the calf shelters with the other calves and mom just waited on the outside for him. He is sound asleep in there right now after just coming out for a quick meal. It has been a long sleepless night for me to say the least..

Today was feeding and bedding and just making sure everyone is OK. The sun is even trying to pop out :) . Tomorrow will be clean up, I wonder how many trees are down this time as the snow was very wet and heavy but at least the power stayed on (touch wood).

I think our area was lucky as some surrounding areas got a lot of snow more so than expected..

Stay warm and dry everyone..

We're just praying it gets here with some moisture left. We haven't had meaurable precip since early Dec. We are bad dry and the snow pak is dropping by as much as 4% a day on the hot windy days.

The crap hit here in the night, it's absolutely pouring outside.

I even thought I heard thunder. Sorry for the hijack HD, but has anyone else ever heard that wives tale about thunder bringing the frost out of the ground?

P.S. to you Texans, would love to send it your way!

MistyMorning":3jgldslq said:
The crap hit here in the night, it's absolutely pouring outside.

I even thought I heard thunder. Sorry for the hijack HD, but has anyone else ever heard that wives tale about thunder bringing the frost out of the ground?

P.S. to you Texans, would love to send it your way!
Yup, I think it may be true! Or maybe just a major coinkydink...

Latest posts