Gcrkranch: Calving, Calves On Grass

Help Support CattleToday:

We got 32 lates branded and turned out today. They will be pasture bred to try and catch them up for next year instead of going to range.

9 left to decaffinate.

Last cow calved today, wonder how long we will be checking the yearling heifer who got herself in the family way.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
I still love your fencing! Last cow calved - great. Always a great feeling.
Do you know roughly how far along the heifer is? I'm assuming you mean a teen pregnancy?

She is just a yearling, born in April 2018. Looking like she will calve in the next two weeks or earlier which would put her bred in late Sept last year.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Good luck with her.

We have had several yearlings calve over the years, some I even bought because they were cheap. For some reason they all had very small calves. Should the need arise, I can put a zipper in her side.

Well, after a weekend of fun and work at our local Stampede where I am arena manager and sometimes judge and today the heeler for the winning team in the team roping event, (good thing everyone else roped so poor) we got to do a midnight c section on the above mentioned yearling heifer. We are all fine and going to have a nap now.

Congrats on pulling the heeling cheque. All that branding roping this spring must have loosened up the required body parts.
Did Willie Crosina announce any of the rodeo this year?

Silver said:
Congrats on pulling the heeling cheque. All that branding roping this spring must have loosened up the required body parts.
Did Willie Crosina announce any of the rodeo this year?

Thanks Silver, he only announces the high school rodeo in WL now. The named the announcers building at WL Stampede Grounds after him this year. He and his wife just had their 69th anniversary.

Latest posts