Gcreekrch Ranch Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Dave sent me a bunch of great pictures of his Alberta Ranch operation. I will keep them coming. ENJOY!
33bn6u8.jpg

k4e77o.jpg

50hagm.jpg

2uhvalc.jpg

idge91.jpg

3329s0y.jpg

far6og.jpg

108cyvc.jpg

juwcqs.jpg

dnog1f.jpg

sqi4w5.jpg

jacsg4.jpg

168sk88.jpg

1zgdxdy.jpg

Nice pictures. Unless Dave moved he is in British Columbia. Somewhere in the middle of no where between Williams Lake and Bella Cola.

Dave":3geuk1yx said:
Nice pictures. Unless Dave moved he is in British Columbia. Somewhere in the middle of no where between Williams Lake and Bella Cola.

Correct!

gcreekrch":38twh5rj said:
Dave":38twh5rj said:

Correct!

Apologize. I keep thinking of Dylan Biggs. In fact, you told me you know him.

Bright Raven":3ek7gbzv said:
gcreekrch":3ek7gbzv said:
Dave":3ek7gbzv said:

Correct!

Apologize. I keep thinking of Dylan Biggs. In fact, you told me you know him.

Only through the internet Ron, we have never met in person. He is in quite a lot different circle than I am.

Dave":smfj9xif said:
Looks like your snow is gone and things are starting to turn green. Green is a much better color than white.

Yes, it went from winter to summer here in two short weeks.

Dave, do you have any photos of that open grazing country in the middle of winter for comparison. Hard for someone like me to believe you only get to use that grazing country for half the year.

Do you use that hook on the bike to grab the calves to tag them? Do the mommas come running?

Ken

wbvs58":17f9rttb said:
Dave, do you have any photos of that open grazing country in the middle of winter for comparison. Hard for someone like me to believe you only get to use that grazing country for half the year.

Do you use that hook on the bike to grab the calves to tag them? Do the mommas come running?

Ken

I can send Ron a couple of pics. We graze one saved area after weaning until too much snow, cold too long or they run out of grass and we start feeding. Last year this was Dec. 23. Making for 150 day feeding period. Other areas of BC have considerably shorter feeding periods and yet more feed 200 days.

I can usually catch newborns without my hook but it makes doctoring a lot easier and quieter than roping them. One cow yesterday complained a bit. We all parted unscathed and the calf still got treated.

gcreekrch":1evcuex1 said:
wbvs58":1evcuex1 said:

Ken

I can send Ron a couple of pics. We graze one saved area after weaning until too much snow, cold too long or they run out of grass and we start feeding. Last year this was Dec. 23. Making for 150 day feeding period. Other areas of BC have considerably shorter feeding periods and yet more feed 200 days.

I can usually catch newborns without my hook but it makes doctoring a lot easier and quieter than roping them. One cow yesterday complained a bit. We all parted unscathed and the calf still got treated.
apfjah.jpg

o523wn.jpg

1448eqf.jpg

Bright Raven":1skcne5v said:
gcreekrch":1skcne5v said:
wbvs58":1skcne5v said:

Ken

West end of C2 Meadow on January 6, last 3 bulls in.
apfjah.jpg

Neighbor's meadow Dec 27.
o523wn.jpg

Winter rustling, just starting to feed, Dec 23.
1448eqf.jpg

Latest posts