Five pictures Dave sent me:
npigc2.jpg

90ddac.jpg

2dqo5r4.jpg

333yfy0.jpg

23kxkxd.jpg

Nesikep":hda90fpj said:
big calf there! Nice pictures, but it looks cold

It is cold Nesi. That calf came out the side of the heifer in the previous photo. We sourced 8 heifer bulls from a different supplier last year and one or some of them aren't sleep at night calvers.

Spring can't come soon enough.

wbvs58":12z9wpqi said:
Is the icebox to keep things from freezing????

Ken

Among other things, yes, on some days. It contains tag pliers, elastrators and pliers, transfer needle. Intra-Nasal vaccine on a bottle top gun. and a bolus gun for administering Toltrazuril capsules for each newborn.

I have another I carry when doing health checks that carries a selection of drugs.

Today actually got to +5. We were bare last year at this time. Winter is definately keeping her clutch on the frozen north this year.

And you aren't even really much north of me.. what, 100 miles as the crow flies? maybe 150? We're close to 20C here on a good day.. don't have too many of them yet, but I let the heifers graze a little around the yard

Bright Raven":2wl81ncp said:
Five more.

vfea1.jpg

Natural born freeze brand.

2rxh0dh.jpg

This shed stores pellets most of the winter
1j6746.jpg

Best use for bale processors.
2ymhouh.jpg

2vcetmx.jpg

Nesikep":nv51tr5k said:
And you aren't even really much north of me.. what, 100 miles as the crow flies? maybe 150? We're close to 20C here on a good day.. don't have too many of them yet, but I let the heifers graze a little around the yard

What is your elevation?

gcreekrch":320o9kfn said:
Nesikep":320o9kfn said:

What is your elevation?
about 1200 ft :).. yeah, we're a little lower.

Nesikep":8951tu81 said:
gcreekrch":8951tu81 said:
Nesikep":8951tu81 said:

What is your elevation?
about 1200 ft :).. yeah, we're a little lower.

4640 at our home place.

Great photos Dave. Altitude makes a big difference, we are at 960 metres and significantly colder than all around us, of course nothing like what you have, we also have lattitude in our favour and Australia being surrounded by water is a big help.

Ken

Latest posts