Gators in a favorite lake here in Tennessee Valley

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross":2a5djoyh said:
I hate to do this Crowder but, pull up a map of the Potomac River that runs from Washington D.C. up between MD/WV and I can tell you for a fact that there is a serious alligator problem around here, they live in the stinkin' Potomac River. Natural Resources guys are having on heck of a time getting rid of them. No bull about it, that is the truth
Those aint Gators either.They are Snakes, also known as Politicians. :D

I could see someone catching small Gators, say in Fla.and bringing them home only to turn them loose in a local river. They've had em' in the sewars of New Yawk before.

Funny, the last two pictures have been circulating around down here claiming to be taken around here also.

They have removed gators as far North and West into Oklahoma as Ardmore on I-35. Not a common occurance though. Southeastern Oklahoma is listed as in their natural habitat.

The folks at Wheeler Wildlife Refuge in Decatur, AL told me the reason alligators were stocked there was because they were an indigenous species to the Tennessee River. The ranger said that according to the records written by the first European explorers of that region, there were gators in the river. She went on to say that the idea that they were stocked to control beavers isn't true. Also, according to the ranger, there are only about 50 in the refuge and the reproduction rate is low due to the northern latitude. Most of the hatchlings don't survive their first winter due to low temps. BTW, Alabama is having a gator season this year opened to 50 hunters who apply for and receive the training necessary. There will be a hunter ed course and gator hunting course in Spanish Fort in August, I think.

The first picture I posted is the one killed in the Elk River 10 miles from my family home in Prospect. It was one of several different times they have been seen. The stories from the game wardens vary. I have two that are very good friends and they to have said different things because they have to so watch where you put your feet in the water.

aplusmnt":2yh6lsdy said:
Caustic Burno":2yh6lsdy said:
Crowderfarms":2yh6lsdy said:
There aint no Gators in Tennessee PERIOD. Gators are cold blooded and would not last past the 1st day of December here. I've seen that pic of the Gator swimming with the Deer numerous time. It was once titled "Deer hunting Florida Style". Aint nothing but a hoax like the Loch Ness Monster.

Well I got plenty just pm me your address and I can fed-ex up some.

Starting to think Texas might be a dangerous place to live, between them Panthers, wild boar, rattle snakes, man eating coyotes, Hurricanes, wild fires and now Gators.

you missed out Crowder there :p :lol: :lol: