Gatormade gooseneck trailers?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Gatormade gooseneck trailers? Made here in Kentucky. A little higher than a Delta I have been considering. Used market is so high right now that most are priced right at new price.

There have been several posts here on gatormade trailers over the last few years. Best I remember, several were negative. You can search for those. A few issues that seem to be universal on most trailers is a poor paint job, very poor wiring methods and standard tires are low quality. Most offer tire upgrades which you should consider. Wiring and paint you will have to live with or rework. Most use cheap wiring connections and use the frame for the ground connections on lights and even brakes with the truck ground from the pigtail connected to the frame - wire nuts and piercing connections with no terminal box. You will suffer from that wiring forever. Gatormade seems to have a good choice of sizes and types.

There have been several posts here on gatormade trailers over the last few years. Best I remember, several were negative. You can search for those. A few issues that seem to be universal on most trailers is a poor paint job, very poor wiring methods and standard tires are low quality. Most offer tire upgrades which you should consider. Wiring and paint you will have to live with or rework. Most use cheap wiring connections and use the frame for the ground connections on lights and even brakes with the truck ground from the pigtail connected to the frame - wire nuts and piercing connections with no terminal box. You will suffer from that wiring forever. Gatormade seems to have a good choice of sizes and types.
FWIW, I only bought my Gator because it was completely rewired with new tires. Paint is a joke FYI. But as simme said, most of these new trailers are like this unless you want to pay more. As our CEO says, it's a race to the bottom (referring to price)

The other thing to watch on a lot of these trailers is they are really heavy built so in turn you lose a lot of payload. Bulk doesnt always equate to strength and vice versa. Also you don't need 14" I beams on a 7 ton trailer.

I have owned and pulled a lot of brands over the years but have no personal experience with Gatormade. I do currently own a Delta and it's a nice enough trailer and wired well. Dovetail is really low and drags if you don't watch it and it really squats a lot as you load it. Fine once your on it but gotta watch the ramps flipping up on you. It pulls really nice. Trailers do hold value well so you really have to be patient to luck up on a deal.

They are junk. I replied to your other post. Corn pro be my pick lot of deltas around here everyone seems happy. Was my second choice when i bought mine.

Latest posts