Gassy heifer??

Help Support CattleToday:

Pooog1

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has ever had this problem. I have a yearling Angus/Brownswiss heifer who makes gas noises consistantly :lol:. This is the kind of noise that you hear after a cow has calfed but I have never heard it from a yearling and I am wondering if anyone has had this experience?

Are you talking farting noise? Our feedlot calves are constantly letting er' rip, I wouldnt think that its bad its just the types of feeds the animals are on.

Pooog1":1ewuz4wj said:
I am wondering if anyone has ever had this problem. I have a yearling Angus/Brownswiss heifer who makes gas noises consistantly :lol:. This is the kind of noise that you hear after a cow has calfed but I have never heard it from a yearling and I am wondering if anyone has had this experience?
is her manure loose what she been eating?

CATTLE PASS GAS CONSTANTLY FROM BOTH ENDS. CERTAIN FEEDS AND FORAGES PRODUCE MORE THAN OTHERS. IF SHE IS NOT BLOATED,ACTING SICK, OR SCOURING THERE IS PROBABLY NOT ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

Roadapple":2ketlwqu said:
He has'nt read this post yet as he's down depositing his sub-sidy check.

Then he sould have money to buy his Hog a new toy.

" here piggy piggy" OUCH! "Sob where is my gun darn pigs!"

BlackBaldyMan":169l33ee said:
Are you talking farting noise? Our feedlot calves are constantly letting er' rip, I wouldnt think that its bad its just the types of feeds the animals are on.

No this isn't just a normal passing gas noise. She is just on prairie hay, no grain right now. It's that noise that cows usually make after they calve. I think technically it seems that she must suck in air somehow and then it comes out. I have never heard this from a yearling heifer, only after a cow calves, when they've gotten air in there. I just wonder if something is wrong with her and she should be culled, some people in the area seem to think so. I bought her at a dairy sale so I know she has been checked internally. I guess I have also heard heifers do this after they've been ai'd as well, but she does it all the time.

Latest posts