Gasoline Distribution

Help Support CattleToday:

Interesting. Thank you posting this.

I'm in Kentucky this weekend and yesterday the gas price jumped 30 cents a gallon and I am hard pressed to explain to some of these folks why that is and that they better be happy we can even get any right now.

TennesseeTuxedo":29rg5shx said:

I'm in Kentucky this weekend and yesterday the gas price jumped 30 cents a gallon and I am hard pressed to explain to some of these folks why that is and that they better be happy we can even get any right now.

What makes this even sticker gasoline is not a homogeneous product due to the government. The same government that had the industry standardized for the entire country undid that. "Reformulated" gasoline for attainment areas can only be sold in those areas.
Used to be three fungible grades that could go anywhere.
The EPA has this as screwed up as a football bat.

Caustic Burno":2zp0mlmx said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2zp0mlmx said:

What makes this even sticker gasoline is not a homogeneous product due to government. "Reformulated" gasoline for attainment areas can only be sold in those areas.
Used to be three fungible grades that could go anywhere.
The EPA has this as screwed up as a football bat.

Agreed. I'm emailing The Donald as we speak. He'll fix it.

In Jasper it is 2.899 everywhere but 1 station on the north end of town it's 2.559. Was 2.199 before Harvy. Hmmmm

Txpiney":104ypsn0 said:
In Jasper it is 2.899 everywhere but 1 station on the north end of town it's 2.559. Was 2.199 before Harvy. Hmmmm

That is not hard to figure when the two largest refineries in the country are down along with several smaller ones.
Those two are complex refineries and account for 40 million gallons a day.
That shortage is not going away tomorrow either.
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_spt_s1_d.htm

Txpiney":1esf6555 said:

What I can't figure is all these folks stocking up on gas while the prices are so high. Saw a guy the other day with two 55 gallon barrels paying $2.599

Brute 23":20s2uxxe said:
HEB is the only business who has not raised gas 1 penny here

Went to Waco last Thursday and they and Sam's were lowest prices I saw. Don't know if it was up or down but it was still only $2.15.

The real tale is crude prices falling no where for it to go.
You still have a lot of people on the coast that are not able to drive or have lost their vehicle.
Depending on the damage to electric motors some of these refineries could be down months.

We are having some time getting diesel to keep the rig running. Some rigs are out and can't get it. I figure this one will be out in about 3 or 4 days. We've heard about gov seizing fuel trucks. Fuel company said they had a line of trucks 20 miles long at the rail trying to get it. I'm sure the gov will limit us and make sure the public has fuel first. I'm headed back to alabama tomorrow so I don't care if they run out or not. I'd rather be stranded at home than in this place.

Caustic Burno":22v0azu9 said:
The real tale is crude prices falling no where for it to go.
You still have a lot of people on the coast that are not able to drive or have lost their vehicle.
Depending on the damage to electric motors some of these refineries could be down months.

We just had a discussion at work about prepping for oil haulers to drag their feet picking up oil.

With that said, I would buy oil on the stock market. It will pop back up when the shock and awe wears off.

My son told me yesterday they could not drill out in south Texas till they got a load of diesel, contracted a load out of Nebraska for $26000 delivered

I wonder how many gallons that was for. We usually get 7500 at a time delivered. That would be 3.46 a gallon. Our cost went from 1.96 to 4.00 a gallon just last night. Doesn't really matter since we can't get any.

Craig Miller":2n1cpwgi said:
I wonder how many gallons that was for. We usually get 7500 at a time delivered. That would be 3.46 a gallon. Our cost went from 1.96 to 4.00 a gallon just last night. Doesn't really matter since we can't get any.

The refineries will start maximizing gasoline for the public diesel will be getting converted to gasoline.
I look for propane to go up as well it will become profitable to alkylate it to gasoline.

"Oil refineries use fluid catalytic cracking to correct the imbalance between the market demand for gasoline and the excess of heavy, high boiling range products resulting from the distillation of crude oil."

Latest posts