gas shortage

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
They say there isn't one, but try to tell that to the people sitting in line for gas...Most areas out here are out of gas now. They said its a rumor fueled hysteria and now, there will be a shortage for a while.

Just think how bad it would be if there actually was one. I remember the 70s. I was just starting to drive when one hit. And there weren't as many gas stations and that was when you had to get gas during working hours, no pay at the pumps back then. I stood in line once for hours to get, probably 5 dollars of gas. I got up to the pumps just in time before I ran out, only to find I did not have the key to the gas tank. Back then, we all had to lock our tanks. That was before all the inside openers on cars now. I don't remember what I did. Probably cried but then realized that wasn't going to open it. I wasn't far from home luckily...

Here in Va. they rationed gas several ways.Couldn't fill up unless you were under a half or had to buy 2.00 worth but not over3.00.Then the state stepped in with even/odd days where you could only buy gas on days that coresponded with the last digit on your licence plate. No personalized plates then.Just three letters and three numbers.

Husband just called and said stations in Paris have gas now.. Said no one is getting any.. Supposes everyones tank is full..

Went up a nickle yesterday and another 15 cents today. But you can get all you want or can afford

Saw one station today with posted price of $2.35 for regular unleaded but they were sold out. Store across the street had gas but it was $2.69.....found another station at $2.39 which was out of regular unleaded but was selling super unleaded for that same price until they could get gas in.

All the stations ran out of everything here yesterday, all grades except diesel. Walmart was still out this morning. I filled up yesterday when I caught wind of it and always keep enough at the house for times like these. My wife got worried but I assured her we were good for a while.

BK9954":2s9obkjs said:
All the stations ran out of everything here yesterday, all grades except diesel. Walmart was still out this morning. I filled up yesterday when I caught wind of it and always keep enough at the house for times like these. My wife got worried but I assured her we were good for a while.

I drove from home to Bryan to Waco to Waller and then back home yesterday. Didn't see a single station out of gas.

My daughter said its still out in town, but other daughter who is a officer in Paris said the same as husband, all is good... We had some friends drive out here from dallas and they said I-30 had gas at every station and there were no lines.
Amazing what localized panic can do...

Rafter S":3jitabgd said:
BK9954":3jitabgd said:

I drove from home to Bryan to Waco to Waller and then back home yesterday. Didn't see a single station out of gas.
This was in San Marcos and Kyle. Sams Club was the last one standing last night, that's where my assistant manager had to fill up. It was out by yesterday evening. Not sure about Austin.

BK9954":1es1lu83 said:
Rafter S":1es1lu83 said:
BK9954":1es1lu83 said:

This was in San Marcos and Kyle. Sams Club was the last one standing last night, that's where my assistant manager had to fill up. It was out by yesterday evening. Not sure about Austin.

I'm sure they have plenty in Austin. Doesn't everyone there walk or ride a bicycle to save the environment?

Latest posts