us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can
really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're
probably thinking that gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super
cheap. Me too! It is currently (as of the end of May) well over 3
dollars for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies
and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a
gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive
action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace. NOT sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need
to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas
come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing
their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How?
Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we

CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a
price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two
biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are
not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.
If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow
suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of
Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!

Now, don't wimp-out at this point. keep reading and I'll explain how
simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least
ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message
reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE
MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this
on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been
contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... THREE
HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.
(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you
have to do is send this to 10 people... Well, let's face it, you
just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to

ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people
could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to
you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we NOT buy from
EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP

THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

just when the caterpillar thought the world was over,it became a butterfly
~

Still wont work, Gas prices are set on futures of the comodity. If you buy gas from anybody during that quarter it wont effect the price. The only way to effect the bottom line is to use less gas.

I try to buy my gas at conoco because in the past they did not import oil from the towel heads. It has been a while since I looked it up to see if that is still true, but in past they got it from countries like Canada and Mexico.

I also do not buy Citgo gas because of it being Venezuelan state-owned.

I also avoid BP not because of anything against the British but I would rather keep the profits in America.

Not sure if the above measure would work or not, because it would create a shortage from localized refineries and if they other companies did lower prices it would all bounce back so quick when everyone went to them out of personal greed. I doubt we would see any market change.

Buy smaller vehicles, conserve energy. Using less on the long haul is only way to fight prices due to supply and demand.

Apparently gas is too cheap at $3.15 because I still see hundreds of recreational vehicles on the road here. No offense to the RV folks--but those are expensive miles.
My neighbors still finish mow 5 acres with 25 HP zero turn mowers. Lots of fuel wasted there.
I still drive 5 miles for a pack of cigs and a newspaper.
Using less is the only cure for high prices. We are all learning.
The internet schemes are mostly schlock. If you want to hit the convenience stores in the wallet, quit buying the 32 oz fountain drink. They make more profit on a $1.69 Coke than they do on a fill-up (wild guess--not far wrong).

aplusmnt":1dejhr2n said:
I also do not buy Citgo gas because of it being Venezuelan state-owned.

Adding to this, the Grease at TSC and other supply stores is mostly by Citgo.
Hugo Chavez is bad news. I'll buy no more from Citgo, although it is a futile gesture.
I think it was Stalin, or maybe Lenin, said the Capitalists will sell us the rope we use to hang them.

When the price of crude oil goes down so will the price of gas.

Walt

Txwalt":3r023u3o said:
When the price of crude oil goes down so will the price of gas.

Walt
Haha Yeah well oil is selling in the low $60 a barrel this month compared to months of $70 plus a barrel and the retail price of gas is the same.
Now they claim its because of refinery problems. Haha Any excuse to put the price up overnight. But it takes months for the price to drop a few cents.
Our Canadian dollar is up to 94 cents US but yet the retail price of gas isnt dropping. For years our dollar was worth about 60 some cents US and they always used that as an excuse for our higher gas prices.

During the last several months our gas prices went from $2.90's to $3.49 and has now dropped back to $3.12. During that time frame crude did not have the same rise and fall. And diesel has stayed the same through this. At the same time as the oil companies make record profits. Does make a person wonder???
In the late 70's we all went to good gas mileage cars because of gas prices. Over the last 10 or 15 years we got away from that and it has caught up with us. The oil companies control supply but we do control demand. Everyone needs to figure out ways to conserve. That will do more to drive down prices than anything.

I paid 2.82 on Tuesday in Cleburne. It was lower than that in Waco. Not that that's a good price by any means. It is a sad situation when it seems like a bargain. For a bit there it got under 2 a gallon. Gas prices are the reason we are looking for another home closer to my husband's work. I can work anywhere, he has the real job. He is putting 130 or more miles on the car daily. He took my truck today and it really gets bad mileage, but the Beetle is in the shop getting the headlight replaced.

Just a word to anyone thinking about it. Don't get a new Beetle. They are made of plastic and they were not designed to travel dirt roads. The mileage has been disappointing, too. I think the deisel models do better, but they are way higher in price.

aplusmnt":8hs41p87 said:
I try to buy my gas at conoco because in the past they did not import oil from the towel heads.

A+ thats not a towel on their head . It's a small sheet ,so please use the correct term.

The price of gas is high because we allow it to be. Look at all the big suv's on the road. If we really wanted gas to be cheaper we would drive smaller cars and use less gas. If we refused to buy it at a high price it wouild come down. Look at the supply of water. All the free water we have but are still willing to pay $7.00 a gallon. As long as we pay high prices for it, it ain't coming down. If you could sell your cows for $2000 each and everbody waited in lines to buy more, why would you sell them for $600 each.

Lammie":fhxo2wl7 said:
Just a word to anyone thinking about it. Don't get a new Beetle. They are made of plastic and they were not designed to travel dirt roads. The mileage has been disappointing, too. I think the deisel models do better, but they are way higher in price.

But, they do have that flower vase--a feature you won't get on a Tahoe or a Corolla.

john250":15kl958d said:
Lammie":15kl958d said:

But, they do have that flower vase--a feature you won't get on a Tahoe or a Corolla.

Yes, and believe it or not, it took him a good 30 minutes to pick out the flower he wanted to put in it. I'm telling you, for an Oklahoma redneck, he's got a feminine side that can't be beat. Quality guys, they're all the same!

Lammie":2p1acy1d said:

I think all vehicles are made of plastic today, we have a Dodge truck that the cup holder that flips down is off, the sunglass holder overhead is broke and a few other things all of them being plastic parts broken :mad:

The VW diesels do get a lot better mileage, rather it is a beatle or a Jetta or that other one forget its name.

Ps. Gas is $2.82 here now, which brings it cheaper than it was in the 80's. huh Frankie ;-) :lol:

Frankie":2rk6tpo7 said:
aplusmnt":2rk6tpo7 said:
Ps. Gas is $2.82 here now, which brings it cheaper than it was in the 80's. huh Frankie ;-) :lol:

Nope. Prices for gas recently hit an all time high, even figuring for inflation. And when George W. Bush was elected president gasoline prices were way less than $2 here. But you go ahead and be grateful for $2.82 gasoline. I'm not.

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html

Not in all locations, it actually was a couple cents away from all time high in Joplin MO, were I buy my gas. But after a few days toying with that all time high, it has came down now to where it is below the price it was in 1980 when we were all plenty pleased with $1.20 a gallon

If you will notice on the graph you listed on the adjusted for inflation line, if you look at the peak in 1980 and follow with your finger across you will see it did not reach that point. Also if you notice all the 7 years that Bush the oil man has been in office he has always been below that 1980 benchmark! And all except a few summer months he is WAY Below that 1980 benchmark.

Does this not mean we have had cheap gas for all of the Bush's presidency? Pretty astounding that gas has been so cheap the last 7 years considering all the problems with wars in the Middle east, Katrina etc....... Good thing we have an oil man in there that keep them prices down below that benchmark of 1980. I do not think I could afford it if we had to pay that High price of $1.20 a gallon like I did back in the 1980's.

No wonder I was always so broke back in High School in the 80's them astronomically high gas prices were killing me financially. Also explains why my son always has money in his pocket these last few years, he gets so much cheaper gas than I did in the 80's he has more disposable income as a result of them low gas prices. ;-) :lol:

Can't argue with statistics can you Frankie? ;-) :lol:

Quote from John250: "I still drive 5 miles for a pack of cigs and a newspaper."

Simple solution to this:

1. Have paper delivered (or mailed).
2. Don't buy cigarettes a pack at a time...buy a carton.
3. Buy several cartons at time via mail order outlets.

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts