Gas and Diesel prices in Sulphur Springs Texas.

Help Support CattleToday:

Land here north of Austin area is running 30,000 plus a acre for pretty good sized unimproved tracts. I could sell this place buy a bigger one somewhere else and have enough left over to live really good and never work another day. Problem is I'm not done digging that old Indian camp out so I have no choice but to stay right here for now..

Land here north of Austin area is running 30,000 plus a acre for pretty good sized unimproved tracts. I could sell this place buy a bigger one somewhere else and have enough left over to live really good and never work another day. Problem is I'm not done digging that old Indian camp out so I have no choice but to stay right here for now..
Are those tracts being converted to houses?

I bought my place in Arkansas for $625 an acre in 1980 and could run a pair on an acre and a half.

The place in SD was $833 an acre in 2005 and eventually supported a pair on four acres (it had been crop farmed).

Man has gotta have a plan, and keep his priorities in order.

No, auctions. Very.well advertised and well attended. But highest bid bought them.
In November I seen 130 acres with good barns, 30 acres hayland, metal shop with concrete floor, fenced and water system sold at auction for 202,500.
Probably bank owned repossessions. I bought my last house that way.

That's what happens here. There was a beautiful 100ac piece near my parents house. It was a perfect square, huge oaks, and it was a prestine picture of coastal prairie with native grasses. It was raw. It had been like that all my life. They wanted $750K or some thing for it. Some one bought it and sold 10ac pieces. Now it's covered in double wides with 100K horse trailers or barndos and portable chicken coups. First thing they all did was buy a Kubota or JD tractor package and shred it to the dirt then over stock it. There are one or two nice tracks but very thing else is trashy.

It will be this weekend for sure. I need to see if I can find a stock tank warmer for my feeder steer tomorrow. I doubt I will find any. Plus, I plan on chopping ice in my ponds every day this weekend. Boy, I am dreading it. 13 degrees with 40mph winds.
If it's a small enough tank, I've heard that milk jugs filled with salt water will keep them from freezing. We're looking at -37 wind chill tonight/tomorrow.

In spite of the deicers, heating tape, insulation & heaters inside the well houses, I still suspect I'll be wielding my pickax in the morning.

If it's a small enough tank, I've heard that milk jugs filled with salt water will keep them from freezing. We're looking at -37 wind chill tonight/tomorrow.

In spite of the deicers, heating tape, insulation & heaters inside the well houses, I still suspect I'll be wielding my pickax in the morning.
23 below zero in Deadwood SD with a wind chill of minus 50. And now you know why I sold the ranch after three blizzards in consecutive weekends with minus forty and drifts deep enough in the driveway to bury the pick-up.

Latest posts