Garden Needs Water

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Had already planted the garden but no water necessitated the need to rethink my strategy due to no rainfall in about 3 weeks. Got to digging around underneath and found a 2" water line. (Notice how dry the soil is.)
IMG_0477.jpg

After about $100 bucks and little work, the rig worked like a charm. Maybe my seed will sprout now.
IMG_0481.jpg

Wow! that is some dry ground. Going to take a lot of water to get that in shape. That rainbird is sending out a nice stream.

mnmtranching":2oceppqs said:
Wow! that is some dry ground. Going to take a lot of water to get that in shape. That rainbird is sending out a nice stream.

Need a smaller nozzle for that Rainbird too. How bout calling your local Rainbird dealer and see if he's got a 1/2" nozzle for an "80E" impact head. :lol:

The one in it is a 11/16" and a little big for my pump.

mnmtranching":viq3vc03 said:
Mike, sounds like rain down there, get any of it?

Been showering for about an hour. 1/2" so far.

I need more, but will thnkfully take what I got.

Ryegrass has all but quit growing and going to seed. :???:

my goodness, look at how sandy that soil is. The soil in my area is very clayish. It's nice black dirt, but it's very tight. I amended my garned with a LOT of composted cow lot early this past spring.

ToddFarmsInc":15zkuso1 said:
my goodness, look at how sandy that soil is. The soil in my area is very clayish. It's nice black dirt, but it's very tight. I amended my garned with a LOT of composted cow lot early this past spring.

Add peat moss

I have had to water about once a week. I had to water the pumpkin patch for the first time yesterday and will continue to do so until we get more rain. It isn't as dry as it is in other places, thankfully, but in my perfect world we would get one of those all day soakers once a week.

Latest posts