Garden 2017

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7":1ttnjdoh said:
Is there a secret to growing tomatoes that no one has told me.
I've never been able to grow tomatoes.
I have the biggest healthiest plants that have been loaded with blooms for a month but not a single tomato.

I'm not doing something right

Just found a bunch of hornworms
Never saw the little boogers till now

My corn had a serious worm problem this year lucky to get what I got it rained so much spraying for worms didn't help much

1982vett":7bsi5aii said:
Looks good to me. I don't spray for worms. Never know they had worms after you cut the tips off
normally they are on the tip but this year they got down to the middle of the ear in some cases.. and thanks I hope it tastes pretty good.

skyhightree1":1nym6eey said:
TexasBred":1nym6eey said:
Call me when those melons are ready. ;-)

Are you coming to pick one up :lol2:
If I was in the neighborhood I'd sure sit down with you and we'd see how many we could destroy. lolol You don't get between me and a watermelon. :cowboy:

Cross-7":bdovqws7 said:
Armadillos have about wiped me out
An electric fence doesn't slow them down

The only solution I've been able to find involves a motion detector alarm that wakes me up in the middle of the night and a .22 with a flashlight. The first few nights I'm up like a new parent but it quiets down after that.

Thanks. We planted our first in the spring and they didn't look near this good. These are the first three heads as there's more coming on.

Very nice Slick. Thinking about putting some in this autumn, will be a first for me...any tips will be welcome :)