Gar Phenom 7953

Help Support CattleToday:

That Gar would steer me clear of him. Unless you are just wanting stockers

I wouldn't go whole herd on GAR but I think you can pick your spots. What would you think of him if you didn't know he was a GAR bull?

I like him. He has a lot of volume. I don't mind a high milk EPD. He would be a good bull for my Prophet daughters who are doing a good job on their 1st calves.

Ken

The argument is that all the emphasis has been put on carcass traits at the expense of everything else...like structure/ conformation and longevity. There is no question that Gardiner's focus is on carcass but if you check out their videos on Youtube it does make sense. The number one reason an animal doesn't qualify for Certified Angus Beef is a lack of marbling. And if your steers qualify for CAB you make more money and the consumer is satisfied...but there are many detractors.

Air gator":e8msb4pf said:
The argument is that all the emphasis has been put on carcass traits at the expense of everything else...like structure/ conformation and longevity. There is no question that Gardiner's focus is on carcass but if you check out their videos on Youtube it does make sense. The number one reason an animal doesn't qualify for Certified Angus Beef is a lack of marbling. And if your steers qualify for CAB you make more money and the consumer is satisfied...but there are many detractors.
Thanks AG, I appreciate the info.

He is one of the most stylish Gardiner bulls I've seen in a while. However he does look very short strided in the video

Bovine,
I'll take a chance on him. There are worse bulls than him being used and I don't think I could raise anything that nice at home.
I would like to add some marbling to my herd. I don't want well marbled train wrecks but I look at some popular bulls that are way below breed average for marbling and wonder if it's a bad idea to use them.

Latest posts