Gander Mountain

Help Support CattleToday:

Gander Mountain is a little out of my price league. My daughter won a $250 gift card from there last year.

We basically walked around amazed at the prices. My kids would bring items to me so we could laugh at the price.

I was surprised at how little we left with for $250.

herofan":28ym5wkb said:
Gander Mountain is a little out of my price league. My daughter won a $250 gift card from there last year.

We basically walked around amazed at the prices. My kids would bring items to me so we could laugh at the price.

I was surprised at how little we left with for $250.

That kind of stuff generally is pricey. I have found some great deals at GM if they have it in stock. We have gotten good deals on guns and ammo.

Their service sucks, especially in the firearms & accessories section. I'm far from the most knowledgable person regarding optics, lights, and mounts, but when you have to tell the salesperson what something is and how it works or what it's for, something ain't right. Their stock answer? "Well you can look it up on line somewhere I guess and maybe we can order it for you"...
Then they wonder why they lost business to online sales???

greybeard":pw8gzqsu said:
Their service sucks, especially in the firearms & accessories section. I'm far from the most knowledgable person regarding optics, lights, and mounts, but when you have to tell the salesperson what something is and how it works or what it's for, something ain't right. Their stock answer? "Well you can look it up on line somewhere I guess and maybe we can order it for you"...
Then they wonder why they lost business to online sales???

Yep you have to be knowledgeable because their staff is not. Heck they don't even know how to do a return lol.

The new owner said today that he owns all the stores and the leases and rights, but none of the inventory in the stores. A liquidating company has bought the rights to all the GM inventory and is now selling it off. New owner intends to reopen about 70 of the stores, probably under the name of his other retailers Overton or Camping World.

May be some bargains..may not be, but the Gander Mountain website looks like the furniture store here in town that has been "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!" now for about 3 years...
http://www.gandermountain.com/

From the new owner Marcus Lemonis:

"A liquidator bought the inventory that's in the stores and they have the right to sell that inventory down and out as if it's going away. But the confusing message is whether a store is staying open or not. And ultimately we control the leases ... every single property. And my intention is to keep at least 70 open."

greybeard":404rns0k said:
The new owner said today that he owns all the stores and the leases and rights, but none of the inventory in the stores. A liquidating company has bought the rights to all the GM inventory and is now selling it off. New owner intends to reopen about 70 of the stores, probably under the name of his other retailers Overton or Camping World.

May be some bargains..may not be, but the Gander Mountain website looks like the furniture store here in town that has been "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!" now for about 3 years...
http://www.gandermountain.com/

From the new owner Marcus Lemonis:

"A liquidator bought the inventory that's in the stores and they have the right to sell that inventory down and out as if it's going away. But the confusing message is whether a store is staying open or not. And ultimately we control the leases ... every single property. And my intention is to keep at least 70 open."
Sears going bankrupt, payless shoes going bankrupt, cant afford to keep paying the light bills and employees when most business is heading online, same with walmart. Gander Mt. was overpriced on a lot of stuff. The things they were good for were gun safes, deer scents and special items like that. They carried a good selection. Acadamy and Walmart had better prices on most other stuff. All of my archery stuff I get online. The future is upon us. He will return soon.

The one in Waco will be closing for good on the 28th I assume they all will. Still some good ammo but know the pricing and bring a calculator. They have jacked up the price but with the discount you can save a few bucks. I saved $8 on a box of 00 today.

Cabela's is stupid too.. My buddy bought their best meat grinder because he was going to grind a cow.. well it doesn't come with the "medium" screen.. you know, the one everyone needs? And they didn't have it in stock either.. "we can get it for you next week" is the typical answer

I know it's a double edged sword, but the brick and mortar stores need to have a good selection of stuff in stock.. if you know you can get something NOW, you maybe won't go online to get it.. but if you have to wait a week to get it, you might as well get it cheaper online

Keeping things in stock costs money as well. Fine line between having enough and to much.
Online shopping is usually cheaper and easier but has an effect on communities.

I did hear there are some great deals to be had at GM right now.

Latest posts