Game Cameras

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
I just did a search on game cameras and didn't come up with what I needed to know. Any body out there have a recommendation on a vendor of game cams? I'm not going to be using it to capture game (or maybe you could say that) but rather to capture a thief. All my gasoline and diesel fuel was stolen out of my tanks and I want to capture pictures of them if (when) they come back. Camera needs to have undetectable IR flash so the thieves don't know they've been caught and so they don't steal my camera.

I use moultrie, you need more than one. I have several looking at the barn and shops in case they find one.
I have them monitoring the driveway as well.

I thought the flash was a good thing. My guess is they aren't going to get much for it on ebay or craigslist if they sell it in the first place. They had their pic taken and they know it. They probably are going to go elsewhere.

If someone asks about it I tell them, "yes that was one of the cams" with a big emphasis on "ONE". That flash is better than a security sign in my opinion. Don't know they would bother to take the time to read the sign anyway. A flash lets 'em know they've been had.

backhoeboogie":4jmnvnio said:
I thought the flash was a good thing. My guess is they aren't going to get much for it on ebay or craigslist if they sell it in the first place. They had their pic taken and they know it. They probably are going to go elsewhere.

If someone asks about it I tell them, "yes that was one of the cams" with a big emphasis on "ONE". That flash is better than a security sign in my opinion. Don't know they would bother to take the time to read the sign anyway. A flash lets 'em know they've been had.
Friend of mine set up a couple with flash and a couple with IR. He got ome really great pictures on the IR camera of the jerk stealing the flash camera.

I've got a barn cam but not like you think. Its a bulb that has a cam in it. Screw into my motion sensor light and you tune a tv to the channel specified. Uses the electrical wiring you already have somehow.anyway, if the motion light goes on, so does the cam. Then a dedicated small tv hooked up to a recorder tapes it all. Works pretty good but its all black and white