Game camera pictures. 2015

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":3oajovju said:
Brute 23":3oajovju said:
I have been wanting to buy a good digital camera with a lens that can take a pic at 100-200yds but haven't broke down and done it yet. I've always enjoyed videos and pics of deer more than killing them.

Have you seen the prices on some of the new cameras.
I would have to pick up aluminum cans to GB's place and back
for several years to get one.

:nod: Last time I looked you could buy a really nice gun for cheaper than the camera.

Brute 23":2976cyzt said:
I have been wanting to buy a good digital camera with a lens that can take a pic at 100-200yds but haven't broke down and done it yet. I've always enjoyed videos and pics of deer more than killing them.

Get you something like this for your smartphone:

http://skopecam.com

And then buy you a $100 spotting scope from a box store and you're all set for a couple hundred bucks. Plus you got a cheap spotting scope to use for other stuff. You can use a regular riflescope, but you'll have crosshairs in all your pics and videos.

A few more:

Cameras have been out 2 weeks. 24,000 pictures. 3 shooters (not pictured) 12-15 will be really nice next year, or certainly the year after. Probably the nicest crop of basket rack year old dear I've ever had. Maybe 20-25 that look like they will be real promising if they can stay alive. Every doe has twins, and some have triplets. I'm pretty pleased with my first camera card pull.

Not the biggest buck but I am not getting many pictures of bucks yet , they have to much to eat. We have piles of acorns this year.

here is a shed I found the other day while out riding my mule. I kind of like the way its made??

Caustic Burno":3mrhc5hp said:
Have you seen the prices on some of the new cameras.
I would have to pick up aluminum cans to GB's place and back
for several years to get one.

Keep yore peapickers away from my aluminum cans!

Here's a cell phone picture I took 5 minutes ago out the front door.

And another phone picture heading out the driveway. Feeding the states animals is my life's work.

I bought one recently to track the usual times and movements of these pests:
Mfdc1238.jpg

They make good eating if I can shoot them.

Then I moved it to see what was going on in the base of a huge tree:

Mfdc1361.jpg

She's a Putangitangi, Paradise Shelduck, nesting on the ground at the base of the hollow in the tree.

Mfdc1496.jpg

There's also a rabbit burrow and I've some pictures of California Quail going in and out as well.

But those chicks won't be safe unless we get these two and any friends ...
Mfdc1539.jpg

A feral cat investigating not long after I'd been out to collect the camera card that day.

Mfdc1636.jpg

So far we've only caught some possums in the live captures and there's a kill-trap on a tree off to the left.

Cats are a real problem around these parts. We rarely see them, but there are obviously many there and they know where dinner is about to be served.

If I ever get a chance to kill him he had a leg injury that's why his rack is messed up and could be why he's a little small