Help Support CattleToday:

WORANCH

Reaction score
Not real good pictures .

0099.JPG

0132.JPG

0702.JPG

071.JPG

Nice pics... I want a turkey still havent killed the thanksgiving turkey yet... I dont want to have to buy a butterball

skyhightree1":2tl7xq8r said:
Nice pics... I want a turkey still havent killed the thanksgiving turkey yet... I dont want to have to buy a butterball
You try to roast one of those up and you'll wish you had bought a Butterball. :D
Drier than a popcorn fart.

I got a Wildgame camera and the pictures are blurry if their moving. Cook a wild turkey in a bag and it's not that bad.

M.Magis":h4jfh32q said:
skyhightree1":h4jfh32q said:
You try to roast one of those up and you'll wish you had bought a Butterball. :D

:lol2:

highgrit":h4jfh32q said:
I got a Wildgame camera and the pictures are blurry if their moving. Cook a wild turkey in a bag and it's not that bad.

I have been eating the wild turkey for t giving and xmas for the last 3 years or so and I baste the turkey fruquently with honey and mayo mix and its not all that dry. I have been using mayo and honey mix for a long time.

highgrit":hditykg0 said:
I got a Wildgame camera and the pictures are blurry if their moving.
Same here. Trigger speed is set super slow to gather more light, but picture quality when animals are moving sucks something awful. With their reputation, I'm just glad my camera works. And to be honest, it's been extremely reliable. I won't complain for $50.

M.Magis":jkzpdvt2 said:
highgrit":jkzpdvt2 said:
Same here. Trigger speed is set super slow to gather more light, but picture quality when animals are moving sucks something awful. With their reputation, I'm just glad my camera works. And to be honest, it's been extremely reliable. I won't complain for $50.

I had one threw it in the burn barrel couldn't afford the batteries it would eat up.

M.Magis":2vdl0ijy said:
skyhightree1":2vdl0ijy said:

The only way to truly cook wild turkey right is to bone out the breast the cut them into nuggets and deep fry it. It may be my favorite meat to eat of all.

Kingfisher":2a4m0q5z said:
Jogeephus":2a4m0q5z said:
That's a nice buck. Question is, could you hit it if it walked up while you are hunting? ;-) :lol2:
Bigger question is can you let him grow up? He'd be a nice 10.

Age doesn't guarantee he will ever be any better diet and genetics makes antlers.
He appears to have the genetics, have no control over nutrition and environment from year to year.
Get hit with a couple year drought this might be his best year ever

Caustic Burno":p638jakp said:
M.Magis":p638jakp said:
highgrit":p638jakp said:

I had one threw it in the burn barrel couldn't afford the batteries it would eat up.

I've had this one for 3 years ..

It's not the best game cam ,but not the worst. Batteries last about 6 weeks .

skyhightree1":2xrivg7e said:
M.Magis":2xrivg7e said:
skyhightree1":2xrivg7e said:

:lol2:

highgrit":2xrivg7e said:

I have been eating the wild turkey for t giving and xmas for the last 3 years or so and I baste the turkey fruquently with honey and mayo mix and its not all that dry. I have been using mayo and honey mix for a long time.

Have you tried to brine your wild turkey? I have been doing this for a couple of years with my tame turkey and it is amazing the difference that it makes. I would like to try this with a wild one.

highgrit":1qgh4zz5 said:

I have been eating the wild turkey for t giving and xmas for the last 3 years or so and I baste the turkey fruquently with honey and mayo mix and its not all that dry. I have been using mayo and honey mix for a long time.[/quote]

Have you tried to brine your wild turkey? I have been doing this for a couple of years with my tame turkey and it is amazing the difference that it makes. I would like to try this with a wild one.[/quote]

I have never tried that but its a good idea.

skyhightree1":3in5pmf8 said:
highgrit":3in5pmf8 said:

Have you tried to brine your wild turkey? I have been doing this for a couple of years with my tame turkey and it is amazing the difference that it makes. I would like to try this with a wild one.[/quote]

I have never tried that but its a good idea.[/quote]

I tried it with that quail recipe of Jo's and it was really good. I think the brine would have made a difference just by itself.