Galvanized T posts

Help Support CattleToday:

Cowdirt

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've been enjoying this forum and getting some useful information for my small cow/calf operation in Middle Tn. Decided today to register. Bear with me as I learn the system.

Guess I'll start out asking for help. Does anyone know a source for galvanized T posts in Mid TN.? Painted ones in my area rust way too quickly. Thanks.

I have not seen any T-post that were Galvanized. We have another Farm, and it has some old I-shaped galvanized posts, that my Uncle put in probably 45 years ago, that look like new. What part of the state are you in? We dont have any problems with T-posts rusting out. The gray posts are supposed to be heavier steel than the Green ones.

Crowderfarms":26hslv32 said:
I have not seen any T-post that were Galvanized. We have another Farm, and it has some old I-shaped galvanized posts, that my Uncle put in probably 45 years ago, that look like new. What part of the state are you in? We dont have any problems with T-posts rusting out. The gray posts are supposed to be heavier steel than the Green ones.

I'm in south middle TN. I may have not been clear in my post about the rust on the T post. I've never had a problem with the post failing because of rust. It's an appearance issue with me. A contract fence builder is using galvanized T posts on replacement fencing on a road project near me. Am attempting to contact him for his source. Ken Cove (sp?) advertises them on the web. My local Co-op can get them only in bundles of 200 for me @ $5.75/post. I need about 300. Would leave me with too many. Need to find a supplier that will break a bundle. Thanks.

Cowdirt":1up5cp66 said:
Crowderfarms":1up5cp66 said:

I'm in south middle TN. I may have not been clear in my post about the rust on the T post. I've never had a problem with the post failing because of rust. It's an appearance issue with me. A contract fence builder is using galvanized T posts on replacement fencing on a road project near me. Am attempting to contact him for his source. Ken Cove (sp?) advertises them on the web. My local Co-op can get them only in bundles of 200 for me @ $5.75/post. I need about 300. Would leave me with too many. Need to find a supplier that will break a bundle. Thanks.
I believe what you're looking for are the D.O.T. approved posts that are usually used on access roads of interstates, and interstates. Now you got my brain working.That's where I've seen em'. If it's an appearance issue, why not just keep your's painted. I have posts on a large portion of this place that still look new years later.

Latest posts