Galloway Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

If you mean Belted Galloway there used to be a herd south of Wills Point.

If you want I can try to find the names of the owners and see if they still have them.

I'd appreciate that, thanks. I was told there was such a thing as a black Galloway, and it resembled a Black Angus. Ever hear of such an animal?

Yeah there is such a thing there is a listing for it in the breed section of Cattle Today. I haven't really heard much about them or their being used in any fashion show or production.

http://cattle-today.com/Galloway.htm

jim":3chodqag said:
I'd appreciate that, thanks. I was told there was such a thing as a black Galloway, and it resembled a Black Angus. Ever hear of such an animal?
[/img]
galloway.jpg

Is this what you are looking for, all I have seen are the belted galloway.

http://cattle-today.com/images/beltedgalloway.jpg

Will try to contact the breeder today.

Jim
I have some of those black galloways and they do resemble angus from a distance. In the summer they shed alot of their winter coat. They are still a coarser haired breed than angus but I've found them to be a little more feed efficient and have a better temperament than most of my angus. So far I have crossed them with herefords and Simm-Angus and the calves have been good. All the heifers of one of my galloway cows have remained in the herd and I like them better than my angus replacements.

Jim I talked to the Belted Galloway people. I cannot send you a pm with the information because you are not logged in. Please log in.

just curious is there any connection between the belted galloway and the beau -lingo (I have no idea if that is spelled right) I believe the beu-lingo was developed up north

Dutch belted were used to develop BueLingo.

dun

Anonymous":dn6ub61b said:
just curious is there any connection between the belted galloway and the beau -lingo (I have no idea if that is spelled right) I believe the beu-lingo was developed up north