Gall Bladder

Help Support CattleToday:

knowknews

Reaction score
Anyone here ever had theirs out? I just had mine out Wednesday past. After second visit to ER, I had to wait a week because I had an inflamed pancreas with it. Everyone told Hubby it would be a piece of cake and I would feel better right away. Well, I don't. Also, worried about what I will be able to eat now. Haven't been able to do much and mostly sit around and read up on posts here.

Take advantage of the recovery time. Just kick back, take your Meds and get well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Tom.

"They" always say "You'll bounce right back" eerm-NO!! Take it from me,it'll be about 6 months before you start to feel human again-takes a solid year to get over major surgery. Your body has to get used to not haveing a gall bladder and heal up from a huge insult. Got to change the way you eat and everything else-----besides haveing been proved to you that you are mortal...big shock to the system------I should know that one also..

Doctors and nurses are wonderful...but they "lie" to make you less apprehensive and feel better...lol.

They will say "You will feel a little pinch"...right!
They will say "You will feel just a little stick"...right!

One can probably double the recovery time the Doctor says...for most people, anyway.

In 2001 I had a major inguinal hernia surgery. Was done in Day Surgery at a major hospital. Took me a good 6 months before I felt up to snuff with doing physical stuff.

In 1998 I had neurosurgery for an acoustic neuroma (benign). Lost 1/2 my balance and 1/2 my hearing. Was a good year before I felt "good" again. I still have balance problems...after 11 years... Go figure!

There is "recovery time" (safely in physical vital signs, etc.). Then...there is "recovery time" when you are back to your old self and can do "most" of the things you used to do.

Have you found jigsaw puzzles yet? jigzone is good,as is National Geographic..
something to keep the mind busy.

knowknews":3dm7vvqf said:
Anyone here ever had theirs out? I just had mine out Wednesday past. After second visit to ER, I had to wait a week because I had an inflamed pancreas with it. Everyone told Hubby it would be a piece of cake and I would feel better right away. Well, I don't. Also, worried about what I will be able to eat now. Haven't been able to do much and mostly sit around and read up on posts here.
wife had hers done a few yrs ago she said it takes about 6 weeks before you feel like your old self
as far as changing eating habits she didn't

her was done laproscopic just little tiny incisions she said it may take longer if they cut you open

My step daughter had her's out when she was still in her twenties. She still isn't eating spicey foods or fatty foods. My MIL, on the other hand, had her's out and nothing seems to bother her. I think it's different for everyone. I had an adominal hysterectomy in 2004 and I was up doing housework in a couple of days and back at work in three weeks. One of those weeks I had to spend bed bound, but it was because a cow knocked me down. Other women I know took three months to recover.

Get your rest. Take time to heal and you will feel better soon. Don't push it. Stay away from cows.

Yea, so I figure I can just go back to life as normal....busted out the tape they used to stitch the holes shut. My guts feel like I'm going to explode. It's not always as easy as others say it is. Feel bad having son pick up my chores too. He'll be ok, just one of those ppl that have to do it myself I guess. Thanks, I will stop doing so much and rest more. :frowns: It is boring tho.

This is not good.. You should not be swelling/busting tape..
When I had uturine cancer/hysterectomy the "wound dehissed" In Texan that means my belly split open
I was very lucky in that my inside tissue had healed,but what a mess! Ambulance/ER/hospital! 2 weeks on a "wound vac".. another on iv antibotics----Check in with your Dr-that Mursa bacteria is still around.

peg4x4":3uackqv9 said:
This is not good.. You should not be swelling/busting tape..
When I had uturine cancer/hysterectomy the "wound dehissed" In Texan that means my belly split open
I was very lucky in that my inside tissue had healed,but what a mess! Ambulance/ER/hospital! 2 weeks on a "wound vac".. another on iv antibotics----Check in with your Dr-that Mursa bacteria is still around.

My newborn granddaughter has MURSA in her eye. They brought her home from the hospital that way! They came for a visit not knowing why her eye was weepy. I told the nurse and they checked me for it before the surgery. She said I didn't have it.......hummm? I will def. check with the doc. Thanks.

My brother had his removed about a year ago. Took him a couple of months to get fully recovered, and he feels much better. He's also been able to loose some weight too.

My dad had his removed when he was about 80....recovered well and only advise he ever gave me about it was "son if you have the urge to go do your business....don't waste any time or you won't make it". :lol2:

grannysoo":3cdf6zhd said:
My brother had his removed about a year ago. Took him a couple of months to get fully recovered, and he feels much better. He's also been able to loose some weight too.

See nobody told us it would take that long. "oh, its easy. its laproscopic" Thank you. now I know why I am not healed up already...

by TexasBred on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:51 pm

My dad had his removed when he was about 80....recovered well and only advise he ever gave me about it was "son if you have the urge to go do your business....don't waste any time or you won't make it".
True..true

Remember, for at least the first week, the pain meds are your friend.

Had mine removed a few years ago, via the laproscopic method. Generally speaking, I felt fine later that same day. However, the painful part was when they made me do those lung exercises (suck in air, using that little plastic contraption so as to make the ball rise about 5 inches and float). The first day or two that particular exercise was extremely painful, but when I wasn't having to do that I felt virtually no discomfort.

Remember,everyone's different- Just because someone was doin' field work next day after she had the baby doesn't mean you could or should.
Healing rates differ greatly. Took me a solid year to get over the double mastectomy,another for the hysterectomy..Still working on the colon stuff,mostly because of the chemo..
Don't let ANYONE "guilt" you into anything .

knowknews":1qgagemv said:
Yea, so I figure I can just go back to life as normal....busted out the tape they used to stitch the holes shut. My guts feel like I'm going to explode. It's not always as easy as others say it is. Feel bad having son pick up my chores too. He'll be ok, just one of those ppl that have to do it myself I guess. Thanks, I will stop doing so much and rest more. :frowns: It is boring tho.
The more you do the longer it will take!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wife said to take it easy and if you have any concerns call your Dr.

Yeah, listen to everyone. Two weeks after my surgery I helped to fit about 120 band kids for shoes. Lots of bending and stooping. I paid for it that night. Pain meds will cover a lot of stuff and make you think that you can do more than you should. Just have a vacation. Read Lonesome Dove. It's long, it's interesting and if you are like me, you can't put it down. In between reading, watch some old movies and nap. Repeat process...

knowknews":nvv8y0yo said:
See nobody told us it would take that long. "oh, its easy. its laproscopic" Thank you. now I know why I am not healed up already...

Laproscopic is nothing more than the ability to pull an elephant out of your a$$hole without cutting it open. "Oh, it's easy... it's laproscopic."

Sure, and I'm from the IRS and I'm here to help you...

Latest posts