• Other Non-Gaited

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Gaited

• Don't Have Any Horses

• Total voters
Bill,

I was also looking for someone to "get on" my horses. In the last 2 to 3 years I have sent 2 of my horses to two different "professional" trainers. I had found ads for them in different trade magizines. For 90 days training and board, at the tune of about $2500 each, I got back very green confused horses each time. I couldn't ride either horse safely, while I'm not a novice, the horses didn't know what I wanted them to do. They were not crazy, but I was not in control. I don't bounce like I did 20 years ago so I try to avoid bouncing. I would guess they got between 5 and 10 rides in the 90 days.

I ended up going to a local boarding facility and spoke with a 4-H kid you put me in touch with the instructor. I asked her for some names of good riders to exercise my horses and maybe light training, I wanted someone gentle and quiet and patient. In this case the person was her, she is a 22 yr old that comes to my place. She fixed both of my horses the "pros" started and last spring started my 3 yr old filly which I took on about a dozen trail rides last summer (great horse!)

She does this for $300 a month, gives my horses 22 rides a month (5 days a week) Brushes them out, tacks them up, wrap legs, cools them out and puts them to bed. For most of last year she has been on one of my or my wifes horses, and will start another for me in Jan. Best thing I ever did for training my horses for only 300 a month.

Hope this helps!
Alan

Latest posts