Gainesville, TX Livestock Auction

Help Support CattleToday:

JRM

Reaction score
I heard that the Gainesville Livestock Auction in Gainesville, TX has changed owners. Has anyone been to it since it changed and what do they think of the new owners?
Also does anyone know if Pilot Point auction is still in business, last time I was there it was real slow. I like the owner thee nice guy, but just seemed to not have allot of sellers or buyers there.

Gainesville Livestock has a new owner, James Peyrot Jr. He also has an order buying company - Redbone Cattle Co. The runs have picked up at Gainesville since he took over.

I believe Pilot Point has closed.

Thanks BC, I have taken some cattle to Gainesville in the past, but had some issues up there, and I had known others that had some trouble in the past.
Hate to hear about Pilot Point, nice group of people to deal with, but they just did not have very big runs.

I've had real bad dealings with gainesville took two resgister angus cows two year old good condition back in november 07 and went back to pick up a check and they sold for $250 total I was fit to be tied I will never use them ever again and hope know one else does, they run a bad sale,Called the manager of the sale barn and he could not give a answer on why this happen, the place is a rip off, becarefull when using this place.hope know one does.

That sounds like a good case of the tags getting switched in the back of the barn. Never been to Gainesville, but had it happen elsewhere. Never gave them a second chance. They got caught at it a little later, but that didn't help me any.

rdstrainer":itq2qf7l said:
I've had real bad dealings with gainesville took two resgister angus cows two year old good condition back in november 07 and went back to pick up a check and they sold for $250 total I was fit to be tied I will never use them ever again and hope know one else does.

I saw a lot of that in the spring of '07 in this area. Nobody there wanted angus for this environment. Owners were short on hay and started selling at the auction. Those that were there usually P.O.'d. Don't think I ever saw them down to $250 but I saw some go cheap and posted about it on this forum. Auctioneer would start them and no one would bid. He kept dropping until someone took. Most went for cutters or canners. I thought about buying some for fall calvers but my luck with angus hasn't been very good.

Latest posts