G O O

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
What happened to Jerry Clower?
I've been listening to one of my old tapes, the grand opening of the Grand Ol Opery when they moved from Rymans, and JC did his bit about Marcel Ledbetter and the pulpwood truck. Funny stuff.

dun

dun":8pyu7lhi said:
What happened to Jerry Clower?
I've been listening to one of my old tapes, the grand opening of the Grand Ol Opery when they moved from Rymans, and JC did his bit about Marcel Ledbetter and the pulpwood truck. Funny stuff.

dun

I thought he died quite a few years back. That was some great material. He and those Ledbetters were something else. One of my favorites was about his uncle (?) cleaning all those chickens one morning.

Craig-TX

I knew that Justin Wilson had died a year or two back but it just dawned on me that I hadn't heard any JC for a while.
I can't remeber all of the stuff that he did that really was hilarious.
I remember JW and the guys that fell into the open grave, one of my all time favorite cajun storys. But that was long before he started his cooking program.

dun

Jerry Clower and Justin Wilson were more or less from the same neck of the woods. I wouldn't say this in public, but Justin was not born a cajun. Jerry would take a little from one story and a little from another and synthesize one to make it good. But there was a lot of factual truth ingrained in many of his stories.

Wendy Bagwell also died. He had famous stories like "Here Come The Rattlesnakes" and "The Yeller Cat."

The new generation of "clean" wit includes Aaron Wilburn, who also sings funny songs, including "If my nose was runnin' money honey, I blow it all on you! (But it's snot!)"

docgraybull":2574s4o5 said:
"Just shoot up in amongst us, one of got to have some relief!"

One of his funnest, the linx, a souped up bobcat.

As one of the poster said, it's hard to find any "clean" humor any more. Thanks Dun for bringing a smile around today, I haven't thought about ole Jerry & the Lettbetters clan in years.

;-)

Latest posts