G A R Prophet Reg: AAA +16295688

Help Support CattleToday:

u4411clb

Reaction score
I am in the market to purchase another Angus bull curious to know if any one has seen any sons of G A R Prophet Reg: AAA +16295688. He seems to have everything I am looking for epd wise but seeing pics and video of him seems to leave allot to be desired. Although most of the pics and video I ho want to know what people that have used him or his sons have noticed about their calves.

aprille218":ow4x28vx said:
You can check out one of the owners websites at http://www.ogeecheeangus.com/pages/herdsires.html
the bull has great carcass traits, growth and high milk, but his $en is as a result not good.
Aprille

Thanks April, yeah I am really impressed by his numbers. I would not be keeping heifers so the $EN number would not be that big of a setback. But the picture on that website is the same picture I have seen everywhere that shows him I would guess as a yearling or long yearling and this bull is 5 years old.

April what do you think of his looks and phenotype just looking at picture of him. Maybe I am expecting to much looking at his epds?

Considering he's young in the photos it's not bad. I would expect shorter (not tall) calves with good looking bodies from him. I have a cow that is related to his dam that is great. She seems to be pretty typical of this bloodline (not real tall, amazingly wide, and an ugly head). I would definately use him but again it depends on what you have for cows. If unsure you can trial him this year on a few cows to see for yourself what his calves look like.

Latest posts