Future Solutions For The Economy

Help Support CattleToday:

jw":uq2rivsz said:
mitch2":uq2rivsz said:
I think there should be a new class taught in our high schools.

Common Sense is the class, and it is either pass or fail. Mandatory to pass to graduate. It should cover everything from the checkbook to having kids to buying a car/house/"major" purchase, the list goes on and on.

But once you have achieved "Common Sense" everything else in your life would be a breeze.

Michele

PS - Granny's financial wisdom 101. Your house should not cost more than you make in 2 years.

Excellent point-but-where would you find teachers now that have enough common sense to teach the classes. I realize Lammie and others like my family members who are teachers do not apply to the statement, so don't ream me!!

We had a substitute teacher get lost and come in to a nuke. Apparently she could not read all the warning signs. She went the wrong way past security and deployed everything. What a mess. She was 17 miles from her destination so she probably couldrn't read a map either.

1982vett":g18k4pbg said:
I can redo the "80s but not so sure about the "30s. Added to the furry today myself. Converted about a third of the mutual funds and stocks that I had not already sold to cash.

Talked to one person who is converting all capital gains to real estate. He bought a bunch.

Most everyone else is considering taking the hit now before the taxes go up. Some are blending.

Someone finally bought the place next to our's. I don't know what they paid for it, but I know it wasn't in forclosure because the previous owner's owned it outright. I guess there is some hope for when we sell this place. Steve's bonus went away, so we may have to downsize soon if he can't find something else. I just never thought I would see that happen.

When it happens to someone else, it's recession. When it happens to you, it's depression. I am going to out looking for a better paying job myself soon. Things are going to be might tight here by spring if something good doesn't happen.

backhoeboogie":28qvwwof said:
Most everyone else is considering taking the hit now before the taxes go up. Some are blending.
Around here rain and capital gains have a lot in common lately.