funny story about one of the places i work at

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
this is probably gonna creep some of you out but someones gotta do it.. i have a 3rd job-on call as need.. i work at a funeral home doing hair.. ( it's really not that bad) nobodys griping. yesterday mike called me out to work . i work in the morgue. when no ones there but me and mike he leaves the door open sets in his office and we talk while im working.. one of the local guys came by to shoot the breeze w/ mike so he shut the door and went to the lounge area, they were setting in there taking i was finishing up . waiting on my curling irons to cool.. packed up my things and opened the morgue door and stepped out. tom didnt know any one else was there.. when i came walking down the hall.. poor ol feller.. got white as a sheet was in sprinting position and heading for the door.. LOL he yelled.. and jumped up... LOL told me id scared the *** out of him.... i laughed to hard my sides hurt.. LOL you should of seen his face.. LOL Rose

those morques are scary places :( :( . I wouldn' work there unless they paid me big money. I dont like the whole fact of working with dead folks. :( :(

Rose, many long years ago I was a beauty operator, I think they're referred to as cosmotologists now. On more than one occasion I was asked to style the hair of someone who's mother, or grandmother, or whomever, died. I woosed out every time...I just couldn't do it. I've always been a touch disappointed in myself for that. I'm so glad there are folks that do that.

Now, as to what happened to you and the other guy at the morgue...yup...that's a hoot! :lol:

Alice

john250":2cutwzii said:
Rose--I could use a trim. Do I have to die first? :lol:
John.. i have a shop called" curl up and dye".. LOL we'll work you in LOL oh was that bad or what?..
seriously, i ran my own shope for18 yrs.. it was called " NU-DU" was at my house. there was times i worked 11:30-12:00 at night. leave a family cook out in back yard to cut hair, ppl would show up any time.. and in this biz you better hit while you can.. started to get burn out.. so i closed the shop here now i do hair at the nursing home, and the funeral home also.. inbetween farmming
i have did many ppl i know at the funeral home. my mother in law, my grandmother and several friends.. i think of it as this is the last thing that i can do for them...
alice, i didnt know you were a hairdresser? thats pretty cool..
ppl have no idea how hard it is.. Rose

My son has been working in a funeral home in Amarillo as part of his school work to become a mortician. He calles several times a week with the most interesting facts. None of it seems to bother him. He seems to like the people he works with and he sounds really happy. I can see the rich possibilities for practical jokes, though!

as the baby boomers get older and since theres lots of them, the funeral business would be a good one to be in....

Rose, I also had a shop in a nursing home. Much more satisfaction to it, but it got to a point that my back was screaming "please, no more!" And, since I wasn't even 30 years old, and already had slipped a disc, I decided it was time for a career change.

I still remember those old people, tho. They had stories to tell (one woman used to run moonshine and one woman had been a NY fashion model...oh just all kinds of things), and they did so enjoy telling those stories, and talking to someone about what they'd heard on the news, or the latest gossip. I discovered that not all nursing home residents cared to be called honey, sweetie, darlin', and talked to like they were deaf and senile. Yeah, it was really rewarding.

Alice

Just because we get a bit older,we don't change who we are inside....And I personaly HATE to be called "Young Lady"!! :(

If ANY of you guys do that,STOP IT ,STOP IT NOW!!! :mad: It's always MEN that do that..Why? :?: Do you think I'm so dumb I don't know how old I am???? :devil2: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGAAAAAADDDDDSSSSS!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :x [/b]

peg4x4":2lfkdk5i said:
Just because we get a bit older,we don't change who we are inside....And I personaly HATE to be called "Young Lady"!! :(

If ANY of you guys do that,STOP IT ,STOP IT NOW!!! :mad: It's always MEN that do that..Why? :?: Do you think I'm so dumb I don't know how old I am???? :devil2: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGAAAAAADDDDDSSSSS!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :x [/b]
Gosh, I didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just expression I use when I don't kow what else to say to someone.
I thought I was being kind of nice. :roll:

wow alice you worked at a nursing home too? thats pretty wild.. do you got a mule? LOL i had a long day to day at work. but it was good.. i contract out work so im paid by what i do instead of beeing on the clock.. had to get it threw the cna's that time is $ for me i need help now! some days i get 7 ppl done before lunch and some day i may get only 3.. never know how its gonna go. depending on who's working.. and how much i bark at the cna's heels .. bring me , help me,etc...but i do have to say we have a good group of ppl working family enviroment.. i have pics of my kids and mules and cows on my board in the shop. i talk cooking, raising kids,, w/ the ladies and i farm w/ the guys.. one old guy told me a mule will wait 20 yrs to kick your head off!! i also so work enviromental, i do the lawn care. and plant flowers. in spring and summer.. tend the brid feeders.. i have learned so much from them... plus every now and then i share a joke from the cattle board... some times the welth you gain isnt in dollor bills but friendship you build Rose