Funeral Cost

Help Support CattleToday:

There is one statement that irks me by some people trying to console someone that has lost a loved one. And it is " He or She is in a better place now" I want to say how do you know that for sure they had it pretty good here.

I left a funeral service once after listening to about two hours of talk about the deceased and I asked my wife if we were at the right service.

hurleyjd":3lbh9b34 said:
There is one statement that irks me by some people trying to console someone that has lost a loved one. And it is " He or She is in a better place now" I want to say how do you know that for sure they had it pretty good here.
Good grief, hurley. Your statement is more irksome by far. Aside from religious beliefs, they're dang sure in a better place if they were in excruciating pain for months before their death.

I've told my wife that I want to be cremated and then I want her to make me into a tattoo. I told her that I want her to pick something beautiful so she'll be happy when she looks at it. What she does with the rest of me is up to her, though. Maybe take me up to the mountains.

hurleyjd":2yqzxtx6 said:
Or leaning over and saying "I know just how you feel". No dam way !!!

Son of Butch":8wvs3bpv said:
What if her boyfriend/next husband doesn't want a tattoo?
Maybe put the tattoo in a steer's ear?

Well then they'll have a problem because she already has one.

Bestoutwest":25af6d10 said:
Son of Butch":25af6d10 said:

First husband's name?? :lol2: :hide:

TexasBred":1rgz91wf said:
Bestoutwest":1rgz91wf said:
Son of Butch":1rgz91wf said:

Nope, I'm the only one. :cowboy: It's a girlie one.

I knew a guy once that did the homemade tattoo thing on his arm. He had a list of about four women, with three crossed off. It was priceless. It also showed why you never get a lover's name tattooed on you. Only children and the deceased.

I'm not very concerned about death, were all facing it. I just hate the thought of the long suffering before we pass. Cremation will be the less expense for my wife to pay, I would hate lingering until we are totally broke. My wife deserves a comfortable life after I am gone.

Bestoutwest":1g55en68 said:
TexasBred":1g55en68 said:
Bestoutwest":1g55en68 said:

I knew a guy once that did the homemade tattoo thing on his arm. He had a list of about four women, with three crossed off. It was priceless. It also showed why you never get a lover's name tattooed on you. Only children and the deceased.

Why the heck anyone would want a tattoo in the first place puzzles the crap out of me. I can see getting high, drinking, eating and other disorders. But a tattoo on a pretty woman makes me think why?

Bestoutwest":vcmvequh said:
TexasBred":vcmvequh said:
Bestoutwest":vcmvequh said:

I know some people like tattoos, but I'll never get one. You don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.

True Grit Farms":1ngj8xc7 said:
But a tattoo on a pretty woman makes me think why?

My wife says these young girls getting tattoos need to realize that the canvas isn't going to stay tight.

Rafter S":34zbg1i7 said:
True Grit Farms":34zbg1i7 said:
But a tattoo on a pretty woman makes me think why?

My wife says these young girls getting tattoos need to realize that the canvas isn't going to stay tight.

That's why it's all about location and what you put on there. I'm not a fan of all tattoos, in fact, I look at most and wonder why. But there are some that really nice and are pertinent to the person's life.

True Grit Farms":m3ik70qa said:
Why the heck anyone would want a tattoo in the first place puzzles the crap out of me. I can see getting high, drinking, eating and other disorders. But a tattoo on a pretty woman makes me think why?

Why do people own cows? Or collect art, or guns or sports memorabilia? It's just personal taste. However, I'm not one that appreciates a person totally covered in tattoos. Too much of a good thing is not good.

I have it in my will that I'm to be cremated and my ashes added to paint and painted on our bedroom ceiling, so that my wife doesn't get any ideas after I'm gone.

Bestoutwest":1c0bexbt said:
True Grit Farms":1c0bexbt said:

Why do people own cows? Or collect art, or guns or sports memorabilia? It's just personal taste. However, I'm not one that appreciates a person totally covered in tattoos. Too much of a good thing is not good.
A tattoo is like a big pecker that doesn't work. At least it still looks good in the shower. :shock:

True Grit Farms":1oyqu103 said:
Bestoutwest":1oyqu103 said:
TexasBred":1oyqu103 said:

X2

Latest posts