Funeral Cost

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3nsn04mq said:
Margonme":3nsn04mq said:
Funeral rituals began before man discovered fire according to Anthropologist. Stone tools and similar relics were often interred with the body. It was spiritual in the beginning. It has become commercial much like Christmas and other holidays.

Man has no shame when it comes to accumulating money!
Don't guess I follow you on that one Ken......I want mine to be a celebration.......I want a keg of beer set up in the parrish hall for consumption after the service.

Friend's Grandpa was a Busch beer enthusiast. At his celebration of life gathering there where old wash tubs with iced down Busch. He was a fine guy and many gathered and had a Busch for Ray.

J&D Cattle":10dqjw97 said:
TexasBred":10dqjw97 said:
Margonme":10dqjw97 said:
Funeral rituals began before man discovered fire according to Anthropologist. Stone tools and similar relics were often interred with the body. It was spiritual in the beginning. It has become commercial much like Christmas and other holidays.

Man has no shame when it comes to accumulating money!
Don't guess I follow you on that one Ken......I want mine to be a celebration.......I want a keg of beer set up in the parrish hall for consumption after the service.

Friend's Grandpa was a Busch beer enthusiast. At his celebration of life gathering there where old wash tubs with iced down Busch. He was a fine guy and many gathered and had a Busch for Ray.
Absolutely. Don't want any crying and carrying on. Just celebrate. There will be red solo cups for the Baptist that show up. :lol2: :lol2:

I just want the cheapest route out of this earth suit. I don't want to place undue hardship on my family; neither financial or emotional. It should be a brief party, with fine wine, spirits and the best cigars. Then I want my ashes dumped out of an aircraft at 25,000 AGL so that I can haunt the entirety of my stomping grounds.

My instructions are to be bagged up after death and then hygenically disposed of (cremation in the body bag). It will make my day doing the funeral industry out of what they would be rubbing their hands together thinking how much they can defraud my family out of. I don't want any service, I don't want to be lying up the front and everyone telling lies about what a good fellow I was. If they have a need for a gathering them it can happen after I have been disposed of.
The legal profession and the funeral industry I hate with a vengenance.

Ken

At the cemetery in Trout Creek near Kirbyville Texas they have a sign on the gate that asks people to please call before burying anyone.

Have some neighbors up the road that started their own family cemetery and they bury their kin in 24 hrs with no embalming. They dug a hole one evening and it rained all night and filled with water and backhoe guy held casket down while the shovelled dirt on it.

TexasBred":3cndk1uv said:
J&D Cattle":3cndk1uv said:
TexasBred":3cndk1uv said:

Absolutely. Don't want any crying and carrying on. Just celebrate. There will be red solo cups for the Baptist that show up. :lol2: :lol2:

Better not catch those Baptist dancing.

wbvs58":1oz1e2kw said:
My instructions are to be bagged up after death and then hygenically disposed of (cremation in the body bag). It will make my day doing the funeral industry out of what they would be rubbing their hands together thinking how much they can defraud my family out of. I don't want any service, I don't want to be lying up the front and everyone telling lies about what a good fellow I was. If they have a need for a gathering them it can happen after I have been disposed of.
The legal profession and the funeral industry I hate with a vengenance.

Ken

Yes. Commerce in dead bodies is disgraceful. It has to be the most disingenuous industry the world has ever seen.

I paid the bill for my f-i-l's cremation about 2-3 years ago. My wife shopped it around and found some place in Dallas since he died in VA hospital. Less than $1000--paid up front--VA reimbursed M-I-L part of it after all the burrowrat's paperwork went thru.

My twin brother wants cremation and his ashes scattered in Bolivar Roads from the Bolivar/Galveston ferry. Ferry folks said they do it pretty frequently--they just announce it, stop mid trip, ashes let go in the wind by family, and they continue their trip.

I think I might have been on the ferry early 2015 when that might have happened. Didn't know what was going on. But the ferry stopped. It seemed almost everyone on board walked to the gulf side (wife and I were on top). Maybe that was it. But I thought it odd. Everybody seemed in in fine form.

When I die I have but one simple request and that is for my remains to be scattered from a plane over Disney World and I don not want to be cremated.

Caustic Burno":3dfzm2l1 said:
hurleyjd":3dfzm2l1 said:
With funeral cost approaching between 12000 and 15000 dollars and a cremation cost of about 2500 dollars. Question being would you rather be cremated and returned to dust are put into the ground to rot through years and years to end in the same place. What drives our need to spend so much to bury someone. Told my daughter when my life ends to cremate and buy a load of fertilizer and blend the ashes and spread at least I would accomplish something than tie up a piece of real estate for a grave for ever and ever.

This an emotional decision not a rational one at the time of death of ones family members.
Emotions trump rational every time.
My father has friend who has made ALOT of money in the funeral home business and he would agree with you 100% and say is very thankful for that being a true statement.

Jogeephus":2o47uexo said:
When I die I have but one simple request and that is for my remains to be scattered from a plane over Disney World and I don not want to be cremated.
LOL.

My grandfather was a very devout man. He thought that cremation was forbidden because then you couldn't be made "whole" again in heaven. Personally, I thought that (especially for an educated man) he wasn't thinking that through very logically.

Jogeephus":2z0remxo said:

What, put you through the mincer first?

Ken

wbvs58":36h35ixq said:
Jogeephus":36h35ixq said:

What, put you through the mincer first?

Ken

Yes with the fine plate so I can go further. :lol2:

wbvs58":2mmyao0y said:
I don't want to be lying up the front and everyone telling lies about what a good fellow I was. Ken

The best stories have a little truth in them, but if need be some lies might help me out...

There was a business here called "Holy Smoke" - - where they blend and reload your ashes into the center fire or shot gun ammo caliper of your choice. Then you can go on a big hunting trip as the final part of the service. :nod:

Latest posts