Fund Raisers

Help Support CattleToday:

The VFD here has a fee tacked right on your property tax bill. They have more money, than they can spend. (Ocassionaly get caught stealing it). Truth, or I wouldn't have typed it.

Williamsv":12w8tlvq said:
Since we cannot give to everything, I think it is fine to pick and choose. I have never given to Red Cross nor Firefighters. There are plenty of charities that need help, as well as people in our own communities who are having a hard time.
Always hated fundraisers when I was teaching and then my daughter was always selling things for some school project. Of course, I always did my part from selling donuts to oranges for 4-H. Then having to deliver was another headache.
YOu're pretty much forced to pick and choose. Most of us can't contribute to every John Doe having a fund I. I avoid the big national charities like the plague. Red Cross, United Way, and any big charity claiming to have anything to do with law enforcement or firemen. Most of these use from 75% to 98% for salaries and other administrative expenses and are little more than scumbs. I gladly give to the local boy scout troop, 4-H club, FFA, volunteer fire department and one little baptist church out in the country that is just barely hanging in. I think they are down to about 10 members now. St. Jude is one of the better large charities and they bill no one for anything. Regardless of your religious persuasion Catholic Charities is another good one.