Fun Rifle

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Just picked up a Rossi M92 lever action in .38 Special/357 Mag. I have always liked the lever action rifles and enjoy target shooting and predator hunting around the farm. I got the stainless steel model because I think it will hold up a little better riding around in the Gator... The Rossi seems to be a decent rifle for the money (I paid $450.00 new). Anyone else have this rifle?

TN Cattle Man":afnbal2i said:
Just picked up a Rossi M92 lever action in .38 Special/357 Mag. I have always liked the lever action rifles and enjoy target shooting and predator hunting around the farm. I got the stainless steel model because I think it will hold up a little better riding around in the Gator... The Rossi seems to be a decent rifle for the money (I paid $450.00 new). Anyone else have this rifle?

I have one in 44 special/44 mag carry on the Mule constantly this time of year. It's deadly on hogs and deer.
I am not crazy about the safety, I found a guy that sells a kit to remove it.
I had problem with it shooting mags high with the elevator out. Had to file the notch in the rear site deeper.
I shoot hot 44 mags at 2100 fps.

Caustic Burno":r7wpr2ig said:
TN Cattle Man":r7wpr2ig said:

I have one in 44 special/44 mag carry on the Mule constantly this time of year. It's deadly on hogs and deer.
I am not crazy about the safety, I found a guy that sells a kit to remove it.
I had problem with it shooting mags high with the elevator out. Had to file the notch in the rear site deeper.
I shoot hot 44 mags at 2100 fps.
I agree with you on the safety... not the best I've ever seen! I shot a box of .357 Mags through it and was quite impressed with the accuracy of it with just the iron sights. For the money, it's a hard gun to beat for what I plan to use it for.

Caustic Burno":2bek75s5 said:
I just leave mine on fire and half cock as safety that has served the lever guns for over a hundred years.
It's a dang lawyer feature
Here is a link to the gunsmith that makes the plug.
https://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php? ... ducts_id=7
Thanks for the link... I leave mine on "fire" as well. Always thought that the hammer not being cocked was a good enough safety!!

Latest posts