Fulton Corn Sheller

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I found my great grandfathers fulton corn sheller its in pretty rough shape but I am going to try to restore it to working order. Does anyone have one of those?

I have a couple like that. One of them has a wood box built for the grain to fall in once shelled. I also have another one that has a big wheel you turn to make shelling even faster. When I was little I would shell the chickens and pigs corn.

jltrent":3f2gxyjx said:
I have a couple like that. One of them has a wood box built for the grain to fall in once shelled. I also have another one that has a big wheel you turn to make shelling even faster. When I was little I would shell the chickens and pigs corn.

I ran one mounted on a box for hours at a time when I was a kid for hog feed. Worked great as long as you did not have mealy cobs.

hillbilly beef man":2as9y5g5 said:
jltrent":2as9y5g5 said:

I ran one mounted on a box for hours at a time when I was a kid for hog feed. Worked great as long as you did not have mealy cobs.

Luckily I missed all that shelling fun y'all had .. lol

TN Cattle Man":37jrf20q said:
skyhightree1":37jrf20q said:
Looks to be a good project... should look great when its finished!! Keep us posted on the progress.

Will do I have been researching what it should look like because there is no handle for it and such and may dunk it in a barrel of oil for a month or so if I can't get the moving parts freed with pb blaster and some heat

I have one, but don't think it's a Fulton. The handle is on it but the wooden part is missing. It just hangs on a post on my front porch--yard art kind of thing.
Got a horse operated cane mill.Columbus brand..may be looking for a new home for it before long. Weighs about 800 lbs tho. Been sitting up on cement blocks in my yard for 9 years after being refurbished thru and thru, but was completely submerged for 48 hrs during the flood.

Sky, we call those type horse drawn plows a 'Georgia Stock'. Some call 'em a 'walking plow'. You can still get handles for them from several places, including ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/walking-plow

greybeard":k92ofarb said:
I have one, but don't think it's a Fulton. The handle is on it but the wooden part is missing. It just hangs on a post on my front porch--yard art kind of thing.
Got a horse operated cane mill.Columbus brand..may be looking for a new home for it before long. Weighs about 800 lbs tho. Been sitting up on cement blocks in my yard for 9 years after being refurbished thru and thru, but was completely submerged for 48 hrs during the flood.

Sky, we call those type horse drawn plows a 'Georgia Stock'. Some call 'em a 'walking plow'. You can still get handles for them from several places, including ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/walking-plow

Thanks I didn't know I was going to make handles out of a board but not now.. Yea I like yard art and I have the same great grandfathers horse drawn model 7

Here is one I have probably shelled a tractor trailer load full back in the day. I have one with a big wheel on it that it would run the shelled corn in a bucket, but don't know were.

Q91gaYd.jpg

JwsjmGb.jpg

t6jJPLI.jpg

jltrent":35tbyqvn said:
Here is one I have probably shelled a tractor trailer load full back in the day. I have one with a big wheel on it but don't know were.

Q91gaYd.jpg

JwsjmGb.jpg

t6jJPLI.jpg

Very nice lets say I bring you 1 million ears to shell for old times sake ????? :cowboy: :lol:

skyhightree1":3jo7s4xg said:
jltrent":3jo7s4xg said:
Here is one I have probably shelled a tractor trailer load full back in the day. I have one with a big wheel on it but don't know were.

Very nice lets say I bring you 1 million ears to shell for old times sake ????? :cowboy: :lol:
I would never make it. :lol:

jltrent":p8odrv44 said:
skyhightree1":p8odrv44 said:
jltrent":p8odrv44 said:

I would never make it. :lol:

:lol:

Yes have my grandfathers looks just like Brents minus lid on the box. No idea what suppose to look like always been rust color.

I have one that looks like JLTrents that mine son give me
Mine has on it Black Hawk Cornsheller
The part the handle hooks to has Nov 23 1886
A.H.Patch Clarksville Tenn .
The strange part is I live about 30 miles from Clarksville

Latest posts