Fullblood polled Blonde d' Aquitaine

Help Support CattleToday:

I am confused. It isn't black. Maybe my PC is not working properly.

Durn - Watch that next video after the linked one.

Hello from Germany:

Blonde d´Aquitaine was imported from France to Canada about 40 years ago and selected during decades according to the Canadian hard environment. Consequently we have a medium frame animal that works better on pastures. The calves are more precocious and very vigorous. The gestation lenght is around 285 days (not that long like French lines that have sometimes 300 days and more...). We are sure that this kind of genetics are going to work very well in Germany, especially in cross breeding programs with beef Simmental cows.

We imported a bunch of embryos from Canada and are turning our herd (200 heads) step by step to polled. We are flushing French cows with Canadian semen like West Winds Rainier 11R to get heterozygot animals (Pp). Big challenge because of inbreeding. Fortunately we have the support of a bovine genetics Professor of the Munich University. Parallel to the breeding program we slaughter most of the bulls and sell the meat directly in our region. On that way we get interesting and helpfull information out of the carcasses.

JAMES BLOND 00H is going to an German AI center in 6 months. If his semen passed the tests, we will offer it worldwide. If you want more information please don´t hesitate to contact me: [email protected].

I wish you all a nice weekend.

http://bit.ly/Rainier-Pp

I fixed it for you. Not actually to help you advertise; more to expose your truly messed up little film with its horrible sound. If you wish to impress me put many good calves the same age with no whiteface mongrel cows around, and cattle are much better shown walking around or grazing than running. Did I metion I am sick of your lousy marketing on this board? Did I mention that I love this breed and that I feel you give it a bad reputation with your ill adviced posts? Once more, there has been homozygous polled Blonde bulls for at least twenty years in my country, all with proven ancestry, nothing new.

Blonde d'Aquitaine":1uq6ob8b said:
May I introduce to you "James Blond 00H", the first fullblood homozygous polled Blonde bull born in Europe. Please watch this short video and tell me your opinion http://bit.ly/James-Blond-00H. Semen for export available soon
Always exciting to start new ventures with breeds of your choice! Best of luck and much success to you! :tiphat:

ANAZAZI":3bbcixrs said:
http://bit.ly/Rainier-Pp

I fixed it for you. Not actually to help you advertise; more to expose your truly messed up little film with its horrible sound. If you wish to impress me put many good calves the same age with no whiteface mongrel cows around, and cattle are much better shown walking around or grazing than running. Did I metion I am sick of your lousy marketing on this board? Did I mention that I love this breed and that I feel you give it a bad reputation with your ill adviced posts? Once more, there has been homozygous polled Blonde bulls for at least twenty years in my country, all with proven ancestry, nothing new.

:tiphat:

no real contributions here just more of the same. Look at me, look at me, buy one of these.

Good morning from Germany:
We are learning more and more about our Blonde d'Aquitaine cattle. Last week we slaughtered a 20 month old bull, the 4th one this year (we slaughter 90 % of our bulls). The carcasse weight (frish) was 540 kg and we sold after maturating it for 2 weeks 395 kg net meat as 10 kg packages to our regional customers. Each filet was 4,5 kg! These numbers confirm that we get between 71% and 73% net meat out of the carcasses of our bulls. It is a good base for improving our business.

People like the Blonde d'Aquitaine meat in our region not only because of the "produced in the region" aspect. It is also lean and tender. Consequently Blonde d'Aquitaine is becoming famous here and our business is running.

Three weeks ago we had 19 embryos calvings and lost only one. We had 9 Canadian fullblood homozygous calves and 10 French calves. The birth weight were between 32 and 44 kg. It was interesting to observe that the Canadian embryos were more vigorous than the French ones. They stand up very fast after calving and look for the mother. Now we need to wait 20 months to find out how is the Canadian Blonde meat quality and quantity. Exciting...

We expect this year still 45 calves. Perhaps we will turn the whole herd (200 heads) to polled. Is has big advantages as you know. And also because of the dehorning ban in EU in the middle term.

Please find attached 12 pictures of the ET-calves. I'll be posting pictures and information regularly about the development of our polled Blonde d'Aquitaine program.

Have a nice day you all

IMG_6031_1.jpg
[/url] /img]

Good morning from Germany:
We are about to wean calves out of the Canadian homozygous polled Blonde d'Aquitaine bull Rainier 11R and French Blonde d'Aquitaine cows. I think that the use of the best genetics of both countries is not bad. Please tell me your opinion about this heterozygous polled bull, 1/2 Canadian - 1/2 French, made in Germany. Here is the link to a short video:
http://bit.ly/Pp_Bull/url] Have a nice weekend!

Everybody speaks about feeding steers on pasture. But pasture is not the only factor that influences meat. Genetics are also very important. Please read this interesting scientific publication from France about feeding Blonde d'Aquitaine and Charolais steers on pasture: Muscular and tenderness characteristics of Blonde d'Aquitaine steers compared with Charolais steers on pasture. http://bit.ly/Blonde-Charolais

Long, very long is the Blonde d'Aquitaine breed. Let me introduce to you "Fontaine, one of our longest cows. Her French father is Chouchou, son of champions. Her mother belongs to one of the most important cow lines in the French breed. Please watch this short video about her:
http://bit.ly/longcow