Full moon rise August 11 2022

Help Support CattleToday:

I may do exactly that but not the moonrise. Can't see it here at home till it gets up over some houses which last night was around 9pm here in Coryelle County Tx.

Last edited:
It says 8:30 Pacific time here. But it will probably be after 9:00 before it gets up over the hill to the SE of the house.

You're right about the pictures not doing it justice. My wife was by my side as I was taking pictures with my phone. She kept saying "it don't look like that".

After a bit I asked her "Would you like to go check cows with me?". Silence.
Then when she realized I'd never capture the moment, she offered "honey, take me for a spin!".
Cows checked good.

You're right about the pictures not doing it justice. My wife was by my side as I was taking pictures with my phone. She kept saying "it don't look like that".

After a bit I asked her "Would you like to go check cows with me?". Silence.
Then when she realized I'd never capture the moment, she offered "honey, take me for a spin!".
Cows checked good.
I should have taken pictures yesterday morning on the lake before daylight.
It was setting looked like you could reach up and touch it.
If it's not overcast in the morning I will take some.

No pictures, but we took the kids out to watch it. About as soon as it got fully up it started to disappear behind a cloud, so we watched it until it did. Pretty neat.

"house shoes" must be regional phrasing... used by braggarts in Arkansas to signify they own of 2 pairs of shoes... :)
Hey, we're not all backward hillbillies. The tooth brush was invented in Arkansas. If it had been invented anywhere else it would have been called a teeth brush.
(My house shoes are some moccasins I bought from the Hopi on the side of the highway in Arizona about 30 years ago. They are wearing pretty thin nowadays)

She is hanging high here now with a fog over the pastures. Looks like a movie scene. Pic doesnt ever do it justice.View attachment 20048
you are right, Photos of the moon taken by us mere mortals rarely come out very realistic looking without some hefty investment in camera equipment..

I haven't yet down loaded the pics off my camera I took last night but suspect they will be disappointing.

Took this one some years ago of my old place in Dec. moon looked a lot bigger thru my eyes.
moon3.jpg
(I have not seen fog or even dew on grass since I left E Texas. I don't miss either)