Fuel

Help Support CattleToday:

Its sure good to see that there are still people out there that support our Country and those who are fighting for it. I am sick and tired of those who use the very people that are defending us, including the President whomever he/she may be, for political gain.

Susie David":29l3p39z said:
Sort of makes a fella wonder, especially with a Oil Man in the White House....
Judging by your no response to my question.......(So why do you think Clinton bombed Iraq? He is not an oil man too is he?)

:lol: checkmate :lol:

J":1qgpui98 said:
Susie David":1qgpui98 said:
Judging by your no response to my question.......(So why do you think Clinton bombed Iraq? He is not an oil man too is he?)

Well J let see Clinton allowed all the mergers that did away with 40,000 American jobs and created a virtually monopoly in the industry we have today. Do you know how many major players we have today (3)In 1996 we had (10) Again ignorance of the oil industry in this country rears its head. It is truely amazing at what the American public wants to believe. Do you have any idea how much the EPA is effecting the price of gasoline. You now have to make a different formulas for different areas. It just not regular, mid and premium each area has to have its on EPA reformulated grade. So know you have a huge guessing game on making the right amount for L.A. or Dallas etc.

Does anyone have the stats on how much grain we ship to Saudi Arabia, China, Russia and the world overall? What kind of barganing power does that give us? What would the effect be if we stoped shiping that grain and made fuel with it. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like others are biting the hand that feeds them? I think W is likely benefiting from the high oil prices.
A6gal thank your son for his service from the baron's family in Tennessee.

ctlbaron":ta4xq71y said:
Does anyone have the stats on how much grain we ship to Saudi Arabia, China, Russia and the world overall? What kind of barganing power does that give us? What would the effect be if we stoped shiping that grain and made fuel with it. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like others are biting the hand that feeds them? I think W is likely benefiting from the high oil prices.
A6gal thank your son for his service from the baron's family in Tennessee.

I agree on thanks to your son mine recently finished his tour and is out what a relief.

Now to oil questions and they are some good ones. We have a double edge sword here. Yes we can convert grain to fuel this requires refineries and with current technology is more expensive than conventional fuels. We are looking in the wrong direction the US has 250 years of coal reserves damn EPA gets in the way again. Coal can be converted to gasoline requires refineries EPA again. Even if we kick the grain to fuel in the butt we can not grow enough grain to replace 7-8 million barrels a day of fuel.

Quote Baron
Does anyone have the stats on how much grain we ship to Saudi Arabia, China, Russia and the world overall? What kind of barganing power does that give us?

As far as bargaining power I don't know if your buying alot as just postioning countries like China into a larger superpower as there appetite for crude is growing in leaps and bounds along with India, it just got cheaper for them. Kinda hard to raise crops with no diesel here. Its jus a hard pill to swallow we arenot in control here.

Campground Cattle":2jfa9nqd said:
J":2jfa9nqd said:
Susie David":2jfa9nqd said:

Well J let see Clinton allowed all the mergers that did away with 40,000 American jobs and created a virtually monopoly in the industry we have today. Do you know how many major players we have today (3)In 1996 we had (10) Again ignorance of the oil industry in this country rears its head. It is truely amazing at what the American public wants to believe. Do you have any idea how much the EPA is effecting the price of gasoline. You now have to make a different formulas for different areas. It just not regular, mid and premium each area has to have its on EPA reformulated grade. So know you have a huge guessing game on making the right amount for L.A. or Dallas etc.
I hate to discuss politics on a cattle discussion board, but here goes. (sorry guys I can't let this go, I hope I don't burn any bridges with all of you over this)
Clinton allowed those mergers because if I'm not mistaken there was nothing he could do about it. The govt. cannot tell the private sector what to do. If Exxon and Shell want to merge then it's their decision. If Campground Cattle and SusieDavid want to combine ranches then so be it. It's not Clintons or President Bushs right as president to decide that. As far as the EPA is that not a govt. entity? :oops: You are right though about them and we should be placing more blame on them instead of so much at the feet of our Commander in Cheif. (who ever it is, Democrat or Republican)

It just really bugs me that there are people out there that are wiling to say he started this war for his own gain, when I believe he is a man of faith and of God and that he believes that this is a just war and he is helping alot of people. Yeah many will die but war ain't pretty. I am willing to bet that more will be helped in the long run than those that will die. President Bush will have helped more people in his presidency (8 years) than all of us together will in our lives. Just my opinion don't take it personally. I'll stop this now. :stop:

J":1p7dgkc1 said:
Campground Cattle":1p7dgkc1 said:
J":1p7dgkc1 said:
Susie David":1p7dgkc1 said:

I hate to discuss politics on a cattle discussion board, but here goes. (sorry guys I can't let this go, I hope I don't burn any bridges with all of you over this)
Clinton allowed those mergers because if I'm not mistaken there was nothing he could do about it. The govt. cannot tell the private sector what to do. If Exxon and Shell want to merge then it's their decision. If Campground Cattle and SusieDavid want to combine ranches then so be it. It's not Clintons or President Bushs right as president to decide that. As far as the EPA is that not a govt. entity? :oops: You are right though about them and we should be placing more blame on them instead of so much at the feet of our Commander in Cheif. (who ever it is, Democrat or Republican)

It just really bugs me that there are people out there that are wiling to say he started this war for his own gain, when I believe he is a man of faith and of God and that he believes that this is a just war and he is helping alot of people. Yeah many will die but war ain't pretty. I am willing to bet that more will be helped in the long run than those that will die. President Bush will have helped more people in his presidency (8 years) than all of us together will in our lives. Just my opinion don't take it personally. I'll stop this now. :stop:

Wrong the FTC can stop mergers that create Monoplies that is how the Rockefellar monoply was busted up in to Amoco Exxon Chevron, Mobil and so on. Funny the government stepped in on China last month was trying to take over Unocal. I agree with you on the war statement.

Updated: 4:30 p.m. ET June 27, 2005
SINGAPORE/HONG KONG - Executives from CNOOC and takeover target Unocal meet in New York this week and some fund managers say the $18.5 billion bid has a 50-50 chance of success, despite heavy political resistance in Washington.

Campground Cattle":2yedkw1l said:
J":2yedkw1l said:
Campground Cattle":2yedkw1l said:
J":2yedkw1l said:
Susie David":2yedkw1l said:

Wrong the FTC can stop mergers that create Monoplies that is how the Rockefellar monoply was busted up in to Amoco Exxon Chevron, Mobil and so on. Funny the government stepped in on China last month was trying to take over Unocal. I agree with you on the war statement.

I'm sorry , you are right about the FTC. Didn't think that far into it I guess, I just tend to get a little wound up about on this subject. I just believe the Preseident is doing a real good job with what he was handed and it's aggravateing that he doesn't always get the recognition for it that he deserves. I know I couldn't do it.

It's amazing that the world's population of humans and non-humans, and edible plants continued to grow, multiply, and all for thousands of years without the dubious & infamous help from all of those PETA, EPA, etc. organizations and clones.

It's called "survival of the fittest". Through natural selection, species have become stronger, hardier, more hybrid vigor, and all... Then the regulatory agencies and activists got involved and people, non-people, and plants are slowly becoming more fragile, allergic to about everything (and a pill for every ill), etc. It's scary to visualize what all the "living things" will be and look like in 100, 500 years if the present trend continues.

Are we headed for a "real" Aldus Huxley's "Brave New World," or George Orwell's "1984"?

Please pass the "Solyent Green" chips please... :shock:

I get real interested in political discussions, but for the sake of my own sanity, I will only say I try to see both party sides and right now I am only one sided on this war topic, :D proud supporter of our men and women abroad

but now that that is out of the way , I have a v-10 dodge now and gas goes through it like scours through a newborn, I have caught myself lately reducing trips to stores, etc...and reducing the amount of copenhagen intake, which is really killing me! after all i still have to pick up one of my children from school and such, but for the most part I clean my air filter every weekend, too much maybe but it seems to help a little, as it stands the heat index here was a 103 dgrs yesterday and it is rough but I just rool the windows down and bear it, I know my daughter and my twin 2 yr olds hate the heat but geez I can't really afford 70 to 75$ worth of gas per week right this second, maybe after I become a big time rancher or I win that forsaken lottery but right now forget it.

I don't know what else to do other than take it easy on loads and travel which is rough enough there is always something that pops up. :mad: gas prices suck, but look at the big picture folks we live in a country where we aere able to bit%$ about things and not get our tongues cut out, I know I am thankful!!!

Sorry to offend if I do but I have opinions that can be strong at times overlook me if need be

The price of E-85 in Marshall, MO is $1.79 today
Anybody using this fuel? Please comment on the performance.

The U.S. is in no danger of running out of coal:
at current consumption rates U.S. recoverable
coal reserves are estimated to last for over 250
years. The U.S. currently has over one-quarter
of the world's recoverable coal, more than
Russia and over twice that of China. This
compares to the U.S.'s oil reserves that are 2%
of the world's total and natural gas which are
3%. Our nation's recoverable coal has the
energy content equivalent of one trillion barrels
of oil, a figure comparable to all the world's
known oil reserves.
Coal reserves are found in 38 states. Electricity
generated from coal is consumed in 50 states,
including the District of Columbia.
In the wake of the terrorist attacks of September
11, 2001, at the request of the President, the
National Academy of Sciences formed a
Committee on Science and Technology for
Countering Terrorism to assess the vulnerability
of the major U.S. infrastructure systems to
terrorist attacks. As part of this effort, the
Committee conducted an exhaustive analysis of
the vulnerability of U.S. energy systems,
including nuclear power, oil, natural gas, coal,
and the electric power system. In its report 1/,
the Committee found that all aspects of the
energy system have various degrees of
vulnerability. However, it found that coal was
the least vulnerable to terrorism and that this
vulnerability was so small that it did not even
require further assessment or remedy.
Coal is abundant, decentralized, and presents
less of a target to accidental or purposeful
destruction. Its sources and uses are
decentralized, and it poses less catastrophic
potential compared to alternative sources of
energy. Neither accidental nor purposeful
"spills" of coal are catastrophic to the
environment, nor are they potentially explosive.
Thus, unique among the components of the
U.S. energy system, coal is the most secure
from the threat of terrorism.

Latest posts