Fuel? Who is out?

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
No gas to be had within an hour of here. Not sure how far it stretches although I have heard the Tappahanock / Virginia Beach area is out as well. Could get interesting in the next few days around here.

The news in their infinite wisdom decided to report it could be a couple months until gas is back. Now who is inciting riots?

Your governor has declared a state of emergency and activated the Emergency Operations Center in Richmond. Plenty of gas here. I filled up at 4:30.

Your governor has declared a state of emergency and activated the Emergency Operations Center in Richmond. Plenty of gas here. I filled up at 4:30.
Wonder if that will do any good? I live 5 mins. from a Colonial Pipeline tank farm. Wonder if they got a 3/4 pipe thread nipple on one of those tanks? Bet that place is locked down tight today.

Don't we all, 3 yrs. 8 months left to endure this awesome leadership.

Do you realize what kind of things could happen in 3 years and 8 months. 🤢🤮

Somebody wanted to tell me again about how great the Stimulus checks are. I had a fully load R rated "Shell fit" on them. After trying to explain for the 50th times they aren't. Than again (I don't mean no harm) but when a person doesn't own nothing and relies on the government for hand outs of course it's great. 🙇🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ when they don't work or work very little. Of course they aren't worried about paying more taxes. All they see is free money. Why work when you sit at home get free money to smoke dope. 🙄🤬🤮 The entire situation makes me sad and sick. Just my opinion. 🙌🏾

Have ya'll notices a boom in people having babies yet? When ya'll going to start 🤣 you can get checks for that too. 🤣🤡😝

They had some panic in the nearest largest town. How come the large cities always panic?

If I cant get fuel I'll stay home and enjoy every minute of it. 😂 That's a dream come true.

I see people laughing on all the diesel boards and groups though because supposedly they can still get diesel in some of those areas? We had the same issue during the hurricane. Gas was hard to come by but diesel was pretty available.

No gas to be had within an hour of here. Not sure how far it stretches although I have heard the Tappahanock / Virginia Beach area is out as well. Could get interesting in the next few days around here.
Sounds like more work from home for most. No frost in the forecast so we starting seeding yesterday. I am burning diesel from my tanks.

One of the "reopening" metrics is condom sales. So far Biden has not taken credit for the big increase.

How does fire, police, EMT, field techs... get gas?

I called the girl that runs the BP station up the road from our place where I buy my fuel from just past lunch yesterday to make sure they had plenty of fuel, said she looked to have enough to last into the evening. When I got there at 4:30 to fill up, she had been out for an hour or two but had saved me enough diesel to fill up my old pickup. Flipped the diesel pump back on long enough for me to fill up while folks were pulling in and looking at me funny. It pays to have friends...

Fight over line cutter at NC gas station.
Graphic language warning!
captain kangaroo.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like more work from home for most. No frost in the forecast so we starting seeding yesterday. I am burning diesel from my tanks.

One of the "reopening" metrics is condom sales. So far Biden has not taken credit for the big increase.

How does fire, police, EMT, field techs... get gas?
There are many here wondering the same thing. I know a lot of local firefighters and they were scrambling looking for fuel with the rest to cover their shift at work. Started to cut hay yesterday but my tractor wouldn't run. Turns out to be cloudy and 60 today and I have 100 gallons of fuel I wouldn't have had by the time I got it made and hauled.

The wife has some medical procedures coming up but wondering if they will happen due to staffing issues.

There are many here wondering the same thing. I know a lot of local firefighters and they were scrambling looking for fuel with the rest to cover their shift at work. Started to cut hay yesterday but my tractor wouldn't run. Turns out to be cloudy and 60 today and I have 100 gallons of fuel I wouldn't have had by the time I got it made and hauled.

The wife has some medical procedures coming up but wondering if they will happen due to staffing issues.
Our emergency facilities have bulk storage fuel tanks for fire, ems, sheriff's, etc.

Our emergency facilities have bulk storage fuel tanks for fire, ems, sheriff's, etc.
They do here also but depending on timeline to restore fuel and how full it is now it could still get tricky. Also the bigger issue is staff getting to the job. A lot of those guys live a good ways away because of the schedule not being an everyday commute.

Latest posts