Fuel-resistant sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

Ruark

Reaction score
Can somebody please point me to a simple sprayer (e.g. a 1 or 2 gallon pump sprayer would be fine) that can handle petroleum fuels like diesel or gasoline without falling apart? Everything you buy now is plastic.

I have a two gallon plastic sprayer I've been using for several years using diesel as the carrier with lindane insecticide to spray on pine trees to kill/repel southern pine beetles. I don't ever try to clean it out or use it for anything else. It hasn't fallen apart.

ga.prime":17w5bznd said:
I have a two gallon plastic sprayer I've been using for several years using diesel as the carrier with lindane insecticide to spray on pine trees to kill/repel southern pine beetles. I don't ever try to clean it out or use it for anything else. It hasn't fallen apart.
I've got a cheap plastic sprayer that's been used for diesel and Remedy for 4 years and it's still working fine. I wonder if using gasoline is the root of the problem.

ga.prime":2xp4nei3 said:
Could be, dun. Anyway, I'd think twice before pressurizing gasoline.
I'm still trying to figure why you would want to

No, I just need to spray some gasoline (don't say it!!!!!), and can't find a way to do it.

Ruark":yps06sym said:
No, I just need to spray some gasoline (don't say it!!!!!), and can't find a way to do it.

:hide:

How about a paint sprayer for an airline? or an old victorian era matal and leather type sprayer?

:hide:

Ruark":3hrkkada said:

Could always get a water gun....the older super-soakers could really spray some water.

Not sure how long they would last, but they had quite a range on them, and were pretty cheap.

Ruark":2nzgwhsn said:
Can somebody please point me to a simple sprayer (e.g. a 1 or 2 gallon pump sprayer would be fine) that can handle petroleum fuels like diesel or gasoline without falling apart? Everything you buy now is plastic.
Symons makes one that we always used for Concrete sealer and form oil they are metal and about the best sprayers around although they aren't cheap

I would check with your local contractors supply and see what they have

I had several of them and now and then the leathers would wear out instead of replacing them I always brazed the hole on the plunger shut and then drilled a hole in the top of the can and installed a valve stem off of a wheel and then we would just air them up and use them that way

Latest posts