Fuel Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

ottersbro

Reaction score
just doesnt make sense, 2 years ago i was paying 40 cents a gallon less for diesel than gas. Now gas has dropped from 2.99 a gallon to 2.43 a gallon, while diesel has risen from 3.19 to 3.25 per gallon. Sorry for the complaining just had to sound off after filing truck. :mad: :mad: OK now i feel better :devil2:

Camp said something a while back about they cook the diesel some more to make gas to drive the price down some when they are under pressure.

Yesterday a couple of the stations raised their diesel prices a dime, a couple of others lowered theirs by a dine. Go figure

dun

Yesterday here, in the morning most stations were at $3.09 to $3.19. By early evening, none were still $3.09, but most had raised to $3.45, $3.49 and one even went up to $3.65. Now, if that ain't gouging, I don't know what is. I always thought there was some law that only allowed fuel prices to jump 7-8 cents per day. I guess I was dreaming. There ought to be a law like that IMO, it would help stop some of this gouging.

Took opens to the sale barn 48 miles from here. Filled the F-350, almost $100. It was $3.18. Checked prices all the way there, and saw it as high as $3.58 and as low as $3.09. What's going on?

Jake":362ebike said:
Camp said something a while back about they cook the diesel some more to make gas to drive the price down some when they are under pressure.

Several major refineries are still down from Katrina and Rita.
Diesel is being converted to gasoline to meet demand as it carries more political clout.

Campground Cattle":2bpx8c3g said:
Jake":2bpx8c3g said:

Diesel is being converted to gasoline to meet demand as it carries more political clout.

Campground.....Any idea how long they will remain down. :?:

I wonder how crowder is getting along with the idea of waiting to buy farm fuel till diesel goes down. :D

frenchie":1for6rj8 said:
Campground Cattle":1for6rj8 said:
Jake":1for6rj8 said:

A couple I know of till Dec. that equal almost a million barrels a day of production.

Campground Cattle":3vzctyz2 said:
frenchie":3vzctyz2 said:
Campground Cattle":3vzctyz2 said:
Jake":3vzctyz2 said:

A couple I know of till Dec. that equal almost a million barrels a day of production.

Thanks Campground

Latest posts